Pedalboard Games… Hope Im done for now

Electgumbo

Not Of This Earth
Dec 26, 2010
Scott, La.
Been messing around with a Hendrix type pedalboard off and on for months now. It should be so simple but NOooo I had to get SRV type tones involved. So then I wanted my little 2 loop switcher to keep some things out of the way when I’m not using them… I picked up that D’Addario tuner. It ridiculously fast and has a huge bright display… and it’s narrow. So the signal goes

Tuner
Funky Vibe
Switcher ( Archer Ikon & Super Six or MXR Classic Fuzz & OCD )… both loops can be used at one time
TC Flashback

This is how it came out… today. I’m writing this and it don’t have a Octavio on it.

6C28C08A-6DE7-4D18-B801-389414FAD96F.jpeg

I don’t know if this is its final configuration or if I’ll tear it apart later on…. I guess we’ll see…

jrbirdman

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Member
Feb 3, 2016
Puget Sound
I think you got enough for a good night-I like it.
I need to put a board together instead of just having the pedals about.

CigBurn

Total Hack
Jun 22, 2014
Same Shed Different Day
Looks good Gumbo. Though we have mostly different pedals, we're sort of arriving in kind of similar spots.

20211021_005252_SML.jpg

Kind of fighting between the TS9 and elMo at the moment. I like the elMo a lot for the srv thing, but in some ways the TS9 is more versatile? Especially with the boost pedal. But I'm in no hurry to do anything in particular anyway and just enjoying playing a lot lately.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Been messing around with a Hendrix type pedalboard off and on for months now. It should be so simple but NOooo I had to get SRV type tones involved. So then I wanted my little 2 loop switcher to keep some things out of the way when I’m not using them… I picked up that D’Addario tuner. It ridiculously fast and has a huge bright display… and it’s narrow. So the signal goes

Tuner
Funky Vibe
Switcher ( Archer Ikon & Super Six or MXR Classic Fuzz & OCD )… both loops can be used at one time
TC Flashback

This is how it came out… today. I’m writing this and it don’t have a Octavio on it.

View attachment 513985

I don’t know if this is its final configuration or if I’ll tear it apart later on…. I guess we’ll see…

Did you weigh in on @Colestrat 's thread? He was in need of your expertise.

amstratnut

Peace thru Music.
Dec 1, 2009
My house.

Tuner
Funky Vibe
TC Flashback

View attachment 513985

I just noticed that Archer Ikon could be rearranged as, Klon. Doh!

CigBurn

Total Hack
Jun 22, 2014
Same Shed Different Day
@CigBurn
How the ElMo’ treating you???

I like it.. It has a certain something going for it that hits just the right spot for some SRV stuff. That said, there is also something about it that feels "layered on" to whatever other tone you're working with which limits it in versatility. But what it does well, it does very well. So I am keeping it on the board to see if I just need time to unlock its secrets.
---
I recently modded a 25R into this monstrosity to sort of get the vibe of the 80proof blues juniors they did a few years ago. It has 2- 12's (Electro-Harmonix 12VR 75W - voiced like vintage 30s) in it and the thing just roars. The reason I chose those was to get back some EQ control since stock and even with the Ragin Cajun it can get pretty ice-picky. With these though I can run the treble at noon and not die. plus it's a $50 amp.. so spending a ton on speakers just seemed silly. But the elMo works really well with it, maybe even better than with the HRD. I dunno, I'm just having fun. :)

20211021_204522_HDR.jpg 20211021_204531_HDR.jpg

Under the chinese coin on the top is a magnet. Hold the altoids tin in place.

Life is good when you have stuff to mess with.

Latest posts