People on glass bridges...

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by stratman323, May 13, 2021.

1. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

I have acrophobia to the ever-lovin’ max… when movie characters are crawling around on tall buildings, just one shot of the ground will make my knees and ankles ache (that Mission: Impossible gag with Hawke climbing a sheer glass wall with failing suction cups will drive me from the room). I also have pretty bad balance, so tiny spaces way up high are my greatest nightmare.

2. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Most Honored Senior Member

Now, that Sir is the only way to look at it, I am not scared of heights either, however, I don't go aloft unless, 1) it's necessary 2) I see some certification of whatever item of equipment is available to get there 3) the people responsible for operating said equipment have recently had a drugs test 4) Enough paperwork/test/risk assessments to drown myself ino_O
    It's a bugger in Hotel lifts:D

3. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music.

Id make sure and use the bathroom first.

Bob the builder and T Bone Slort like this.
  4. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Most Honored Senior Member

I will let you know how it it as we are visiting the area next week....they have cottages that all face the grand canyon so we will be there for a couple of days....they also have a zip line that we're going to try....

The bad news is for dinner....their restaurant (by the cabins) is not open for dinner, they are open for breakfast, but that is take out only (due to Covid)...luckily they grilles for each cabin, so we will stop in Kingman before driving the hour and half to the reservation.....hope we don't forget anything...

Should be fun....

Bob the builder likes this.
  5. CB91710

CB91710 No GAS shortage here Double Platinum Supporting Member

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

6. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein Silver Member

I am also planning on doing the zipline too. We will be going in October so hopefully some of the stuff like the restaurant will be open by then. We are staying in Sedona but taking the trip up to Grand Canyon West for a couple days. So looking forward to going there as being in the Canyon has always been on my bucket list and I am now getting the chance to start ticking those marks on that list. A couple years ago was walking inside the circle at Stonehenge and going to the top of the Eiffel Tower as well as going to Omaha Beach. Another reason we are looking forward to this trip is...well, 2020.

crawdaddy likes this.
  7. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein Silver Member

YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    I know it's not for many but I love this stuff. LOL

8. FireFunkRevival

FireFunkRevival Strat-Talker

I was here and I was too big at over 250lbs. Now I've lost some weight and could do it.

Believer7713 likes this.
  9. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Silver Member

CB91710 likes this.
  10. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

The Bridge Over The River Nope

Thrup'ny Bit, Stratbats and CB91710 like this.
  11. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

Heights don’t affect me. It’s depths that make me queasy. :whistling:

12. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I did that, decades ago... once. It's pretty creepy. It's like all your senses start screaming at you that you're going to die.

13. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Most Honored Senior Member

Maybe I should re-think eating that second cheeseburger.

14. Jeepocaster

Jeepocaster Senior Stratmaster

I was an iron worker, built a lot of cellphone towers. It’s not a problem, I’ve been pretty high up.

Bob the builder likes this.
  15. myredstrat

myredstrat Senior Stratmaster

if God didn't want me to be afraid of heights, he (she) would have made me taller

T Bone Slort and circles like this.
  16. Willmunny

Willmunny Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

The us Midway in San Diego harbor has one of the ammunition elevators or some such with a glass cover on the flight deck level and the actual elevator waaaaay down in the bowels of the ship.
    It took the docent jumping on it several time before I considered stepping on it.
    He thought it was hilarious

circles likes this.
  17. DancesWithWeasels

DancesWithWeasels Where there's a weasel there's a way Silver Member

Glass bridges, the Chicago tower thing, towers and cliffs in general terrify me. But the weird thing is I have no fear of flying. None. Doesn't matter if it's a 747 or a Piper Cub. I love to fly. Maybe it's a control thing. Beats me.

T Bone Slort likes this.
  18. Stratbats

Stratbats Senior Stratmaster

Oh hell no.

T Bone Slort likes this.
  19. clydethecat

clydethecat Senior Stratmaster

If the weather was that bad, what the hell was dude doing out on the bridge?

20. T Bone Slort

T Bone Slort "Was you ever bit by a dead bee?" Silver Member

There is a glass floor at the CN Tower’s observation deck in Toronto. I too don’t do well with heights but I did manage that okay. The one in Chicago? Not a chance I’m venturing out on a glass cantilever:eek::eek:

Jimi Lightning likes this.