Pick guard

Patlogsdon

Strat-Talker
Dec 23, 2021
NC
Dragonfire.com they did a custom for me
They helped me through text messages and I have exactly what I wanted. Fast service! Great product 20220103_160226_HDR.jpg two volume. No tone. Push pull pots for split coils in both pups.

nullaccount

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 12, 2022
Florida
Hey there. Any thoughts on where to buy from? Aftermarket vs. Fender?

does it matter quality wise or is it about price ?

gc.
I bought an after market black pearloid. I got it because it was cheaper. It lasted about 6 or 7 years and the top laminate started pealing. I changed it out for a white pearloid about 3 years ago. Hopefully it’ll last longer.

Jim Carl

Strat-Talker
Jan 20, 2021
Colorado
I went through Warmoth when I needed one. I am very happy with the the pickguard and the service was as expected. Warmth also has a better variety of products available.

Nothing wrong with Fender products though.

nullaccount

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 12, 2022
Florida
Flip side question: is it unwise to replace an anodized aluminum pickguard?
There was a post about that a little while ago. Everyone said they never had a problem with them, that there was no logical reason to think they’d be a problem. And obviously people that design guitars for Fender know what they are doing. If anything, they are the best shielded pickguards you could find.

Kestrel

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Sep 25, 2017
Northants England
I stick with Fender, they are not expensive, I have gone to others sources because I wanted a custom design but the Fender one are always spot on if you need a replacement, but if you put a 2022 board on a 62 you would devalue it by thousands. :confused:

Latest posts