• Some other color

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

mapleglo

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Oct 25, 2015
phoenix
Some may have seen the Elite Stratocaster I got a little while back.

elitestrat.jpg

I also purchased a White Moto set of plastic, as I am not a fan of tort. Some might even say I am an anti-tortite.

So at first, I thought that perhaps the tort wasn't so bad. But now I think I want to swap it out. So I changed the tremolo cover first. I'm not so sure I like the moto either.

tort.jpg

white moto.jpg

Looking at the Musician's Friend website, I see that 5 colors are available. I'm not a fan of mint green. And I'm wondering how close parchment will be to the body color. I wonder if it will clash, like I think the moto clashes. That leaves black, and everyone knows black goes with everything.

So should I just stop obsessing and keep the tort? Swap it for the moto? Get the black? Some other color?

mapleglo

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Oct 25, 2015
phoenix
You hate tort and you hate mint green....... Kill me now!! I don't want to live anymore!

Who am I kiddin'...nobody can kill me.

Well, "hate" is a pretty strong word. I typically use "not a fan" on purpose. It's not my preference, but it didn't stop me from buying the guitar. Further, it'll cost like $40 to change to black, or some other color. And while I like the moto, I'm not sure it fits better than the tort for this color. So I'm still undecided.

mapleglo

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Oct 25, 2015
phoenix
White gives you a blank slate. A rare opportunity to express yourself. How about a color of some kind? Look around various websites, there are a zillion options.
View attachment 360971

The only problem is that the Elite models have a "notch" in the pickguard to allow fit for the wheel/truss rod adjustment.

pickguard.jpg

I suppose it's easy enough to file out a standard pickguard. I guess I'm being lazy.

mapleglo

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Oct 25, 2015
phoenix
Parchment takes a significant lead:

parchment.jpg

I wonder how close the color is to the guitar's body. I really wish I could see the contrast before I invest the $40.

mapleglo

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Oct 25, 2015
phoenix
Well, I just ordered a black and a parchment pickguard. The parchment will be here tomorrow, black on Saturday. Oddly enough, they did not have a parchment tremolo cover, so I'll either leave the moto on, or use the black one. Heh, all the money I saved on getting a open box, I'm blowing on accessories...

Textele

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Oct 10, 2009
Texas
This is actually Parchment (not mint) on my Olympic White Strat.

Guitars 2 7 28 2018.jpg

It has a little gray in the white to offset a stark white. I don't think you can go wrong with Parchment, and it will look even better as your white guitar starts to yellow with age like mine has. :thumb:

And it looks a little different in different light/angles, like in my Avatar, the yellowing of the body (and maybe the RW board) makes it appear Mint Green. But it is indeed Parchment.