Join Strat-Talk Today

Pickguard for Squier II

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by emptyfish, Jun 3, 2012.

1. emptyfish

emptyfish New Member!

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered, I searched and didn't find anything on this. I am looking to replace the pickguard on my Squier 2. I bought it new around 1990 and have turned it into a partscaster (I just learned that term reading posts here, hehe), its still my favorite guitar.

I have the 11-hole pickguard, but I tried a "Fender Authorized" replacement from Sam Ash, and not only did the holes not line up, but the pickguard overlapped part of the bridge at the bottom (tremolo side) and also the selector switch was rubbing against the side of the cavity. I don't mind drilling a few different holes, but accommodating for these other things is a little out of my league and/or comfort level.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: This guitar was actually made in 1989 - its a Korean Squier if that helps.

2. RonChase

RonChase Senior Stratmaster

Go to www.greasygroove.com they have all kinds of pickguards and other things also and don't forget to post pictures when done

3. emptyfish

emptyfish New Member!

Thank you! It looks like I can trace the original and send it to these guys and get it replicated... sweet!

4. RonChase

RonChase Senior Stratmaster

Guards in my collection that I added

Attached Files:

5. juanjosebh

juanjosebh Senior Stratmaster

I really like that green one! I showed it to my mom who hates me having GAS for every different guitar I see an she actually agreed!

6. FuzzyTone

FuzzyTone New Member!

I've been having the same problem. I'm pretty sure that an 8-hole pickguard will work for your 10-hole squier, I've seen a few "partscasters" with an 8-hole replacement.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.