Picking up my Strat again

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Speedmusic, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Speedmusic

Speedmusic New Member!

My guitars, pedals, amps etc. have been collecting dust since my kids where born 16 years ago.
    Mainly to focus on raising them and working to get some decent income.

Now during Covid, i'm home for two months now besides one or two online meetings a week, i can't do anything. So i'm having more time and starting with some stuff i did before my kids.

My biggest hobby is/was collecting records, didn't stop collecting them but never registered them in a database. The past months i made a start to register them, 5000 items, in Discogs.

Now it's time to playing some guitar again, i wasn't a very good player i think it's even worse now.
    Before i start again i first need to rebuild them again, i torn my two strats apart by removing all the electronics, why? I wanted to switch the necks of them because it looks better, at least that where my thoughts over 16 years ago.

Ps; that i'm out of work, doesn't mean that i don't have any income, my employer pays me full. i'm at home with full income, helping my kids every day with studying from home and do every day to day jobs in the house, my wife is a nurse she is very busy so i have more tasks. So don't feel sorry for me, there are people around the globe who have it really hard in this period, my thoughts and prayers go out to them. Stay Save and healthy.

strats.jpg

Cerb likes this.
  2. Speedmusic

Speedmusic New Member!

Found an old picture from before.
    The one in the middle is sold, i loved the guitar but it was way to flashy for me, pearl inlay, chrome Fender logo etc.

Besides that, there was a friend who made me an offer i couldn't refuse. strats 2.jpg

Cerb and stratocarlster like this.
  3. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

Welcome!

4. Speedmusic

Speedmusic New Member!