Pickup covers for the SG

Tsjackson

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 15, 2016
UK
I’m eagerly awaiting an SG, I’ve wanted one for ages and bought and received a black sg standard a few weeks ago and it showed up broken. I’ve bought another one and it should show up on Thursday.

yours looks great, pickup covers and big pickguard look best IMO

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
They're fun guitars once you get used to the slightly different neck displacement. With a thin neck, wide-open access, and the thin, light body you can really push them around as you play.

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
yours looks great, pickup covers and big pickguard look best IMO

I like those when set up with @T-Rey 's new covers, but I also like the early small pickguard with P90's and a wraparound look. It revels in its "Plain Jane" appearance like the proverbial girl next door:

qwyo6yofgairzwmhktlq.jpg

And then there's her little sister:

vbxnftwipelcygik4kly.jpg

FuncleManson

Strat-Talker
May 23, 2021
Moline, IL
Looks great. I prefer covered HBs on Gibsons and uncovered on Fenders. (?)

I love Philadelphia Luthier, but I'm concerned because their supply lines seem to be even more disrupted than some others. A fair amount of items I've been looking for are out of stock. I signed up for email alerts when they get them in, but I've never received a single notification and when I go to the site to double-check, sure enough, still out of stock.

dante1963

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Apr 28, 2016
St. Louis
08198C41-4E3A-4081-8852-E7B2707D65C4.jpeg

I love my SG. And I prefer the look of covered pickups to the uncovered ones myself. I used to have a Les Paul Studio Deluxe, and while it was a perfectly nice guitar, I never could bond with it. Mostly because of the aesthetic. I didn’t like the look of the zebra pickups and the lack of binding. Which, yeah, kinda shallow of me, I know.

But SGs are great guitars, and mine is my second favorite guitar. I love the light weight, and the upper fret access. And the neck dive the models sometimes suffer from is easily remedied by using a wider strap with a suede or leather back.

Last edited:

Tsjackson

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 15, 2016
UK
I like those when set up with @T-Rey 's new covers, but I also like the early small pickguard with P90's and a wraparound look. It revels in its "Plain Jane" appearance like the proverbial girl next door:

qwyo6yofgairzwmhktlq.jpg

And then there's her little sister:

vbxnftwipelcygik4kly.jpg
They both look great, I was hoping to find a black sg standard with p90s or a black classic (dots, binding and p90s I believe) but I get the feeling they are rare as rocking horse poo.

this is the one I’m I’m eagerly waiting for

9DECEC1E-9AE2-47E7-80B1-219B3C0C0369.png

T-Rey

Strat-O-Master
Sep 17, 2020
Georgia
Looks great. I prefer covered HBs on Gibsons and uncovered on Fenders. (?)

I love Philadelphia Luthier, but I'm concerned because their supply lines seem to be even more disrupted than some others. A fair amount of items I've been looking for are out of stock. I signed up for email alerts when they get them in, but I've never received a single notification and when I go to the site to double-check, sure enough, still out of stock.
I can't argue that. I was originally going to order chrome plated but one of the two sizes I need was out of stock. I ordered the nickel plated instead because they were in stock but I do like the way they look after receiving and having them installed. Their customer service representatives are very knowledgeable and quick to respond if you have questions about anything though. Wasn't sure about what sizes I needed and emailed them to see and they responded very quickly and were spot on with the sizes.

Boyd L

Strat-Talker
Jul 17, 2020
Appalachian Foothills