Played my Guild 12 In Church

Chont

Dr. Stratster
Sep 25, 2012
In a van down by the river
My girls sing in the church choir regularly and the music Director asked if I could play a song with her on Piano for one of the upcoming masses. What am I gonna do say no? So I brought the 6 and 12 string acoustic to see which one she preferred for the piece. She immediately went with the 12 string so we put it up on the house PA with a mic as a test... they just got a new sound system. Man that was a lovely sound all big and jangly in the huge space. I'll probably be hooking it up to the PA through my Pod Go so I have some control over the EQ etc.

Last edited:

Chont

Dr. Stratster
Sep 25, 2012
The new sound system sounded surprisingly good. Sounded like my 12 only much bigger. Could have used a hair more bottom end but it was a test with a vocal mic so it was fine.

I almost left the 6 string at home so I could take that out of the equation but this was me when she immediately went for the Guild.

BlueIdealisticAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Chont

Dr. Stratster
Sep 25, 2012
The actual service was a couple of weeks ago but went on vacation then following day. I brought my Pod Go to plug in direct to their system and have control over EQ/reverb etc. Went well.

Well enough that the music director just emailed me a list of 21 hymns and asked if I knew them or could learn them and join their Saturday group.

we have a lot going on and 21 songs is a bit of a tall order depending on the timeframe and wht this all entails, but this might be good for me.

dspellman

Strat-O-Master
Mar 24, 2013
Los Angeles
My girls sing in the church choir regularly and the music Director asked if I could play a song with her on Piano for one of the upcoming masses.
It's a PLOT!!! First it's just a song with your girls. Then it's "Can you fill in at the Sunday 11:00 Drunkard's Mass just until the regular guy gets over his Farfaloma of the Blowhole?" Next thing you know you're getting an award for Music Direction as they bolt you to a walker and whisper behind your back, "Isn't it sad that he can't hear how bad he sounds these days?"

First time I was "enlisted" for a P&W gig, I took my black Fender "Skull" bass with the skull and crossbones graphic, thinking that this would ensure it was my last P&W gig. The little old ladies giggled and thought I was being ironic. Next thing *I* know I've got a white LP-type guitar and I'm learning stupid HillSong stuff. I'm convinced that music directors get together over a cauldron and cackle over eye of newt, etc.

Chont

Dr. Stratster
Sep 25, 2012
It's a PLOT!!! First it's just a song with your girls. Then it's "Can you fill in at the Sunday 11:00 Drunkard's Mass just until the regular guy gets over his Farfaloma of the Blowhole?" Next thing you know you're getting an award for Music Direction as they bolt you to a walker and whisper behind your back, "Isn't it sad that he can't hear how bad he sounds these days?"

First time I was "enlisted" for a P&W gig, I took my black Fender "Skull" bass with the skull and crossbones graphic, thinking that this would ensure it was my last P&W gig. The little old ladies giggled and thought I was being ironic. Next thing *I* know I've got a white LP-type guitar and I'm learning stupid HillSong stuff. I'm convinced that music directors get together over a cauldron and cackle over eye of newt, etc.
Years ago they asked me for advice on updating the broadcast equipment knowing I work in television. I showed up with a Black Magic catalog since their stuff is decent and affordable and their budget was small. The reaction of some of the clergy was pretty funny.

I’ll see how this goes. I’m don’t really see myself as the P and W type either but we f it gets me out of the house and playing any kind of music with people it’s not a bad thing.