Player series strat question

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by greezy strings, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:37 PM.

1. greezy strings

greezy strings Strat-Talker

.. more like questions...

found a couple post but still not sure...does anyone know if the 2 point trem is the same or can be interchanged with the U.S. standard 2 point trem?

I have a U.S. American classic with the 2point bridge but the saddles are with the offset intonation screws?

Is the nut radiused or flat bottom? To find correct Graph Tec replacement.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 10:45 PM
  2. Antstrat

Antstrat Senior Stratmaster

Yes and I have no clue.

3. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Most Honored Senior Member

You can take out the nut and check which type it is. Then put it back in with no glue until you get the new one. The strings will hold it in fine.

greezy strings and Stratafied like this.
  4. greezy strings

5. greezy strings

Right.. so I live in Costa Rica full time and the guitar is at a friends that will be bringing it down here.. since things are more expensive and harder to come by I like to order up the correct parts so that my friends can receive them there in the U.S. and sherpa them down.. if I get the guitar take off the nut and see for myself I might have to wait another few months .. .. so just seeing if some one here might know already.. I'm guessing radius ..

Antstrat likes this.
  6. Triple Jim

I've bought flat bottomed ones and shaped them to match the fretboard radius, when it was all I could get with the correct measurements.

Graphtech also has nuts that are made for a radiused slot, but also have a bump to make them fit a straight slot. If you have a radiused slot you can just remove the bumps and it fits.

https://graphtech.com/collections/t...products/black-tusq-xl-slotted-strat-tele-nut

Caddy and greezy strings like this.
  7. greezy strings

Could I adhere some sand paper to 9.5 radius neck and use that to sand the base to achieve proper height and radius?

8. Triple Jim

Probably, and that's pretty clever. The Graphtech nut in my link makes it a lot easier than that though.

Caddy and greezy strings like this.
  9. greezy strings

I used that one.. white version.. basically just had to sand off the small tab.. it was for a fender mim roasted maple neck. In your experience besides maybe getting the height right from working the bottom of the nut did you have do any work on the string slots?

10. Triple Jim

I've only done that once or twice, but no, I did not have to do anything to the slots. I did have to be careful about how much I took off the bottom, of course. I used a drum sander in a drill press, but looking back on it, it would have been nice to fine tune it at the end by your method.

greezy strings likes this.
  11. greezy strings

IMG_8208.JPG Back to the 2 point bridge... here is a pic of mine.. the block is definitely not the American standard..

And when I look up after market replacement blocks they make a differentiation between the U.S. block and classic player block replacement? So I'm confused..

Is the classic player bridge that shipped with the mim block in a two point trem the same as the 2 point bridge that shipped on earlier models with the U.S bridge and block except for the different block? Or are there two types of 2 point bridges..one a U.S. version with different specs and measurements then the other mim import 2 point bridge version??

Will the American standard block retro fit into the mim 2point version or are they not compatible?

12. Blue Beagle

Blue Beagle Strat-O-Master

I believe that the Player 2 point is exactly the same

greezy strings likes this.
  13. greezy strings

So even though it shipped with the high mass zinc block ... both FU brass replacement blocks as well as Callaham differentiates between two U.S. and mim 2 point trems..... but it's the same bridge plate , screw hole pattern etc? So interchangeable? Sorry just trying be one hundred percent on this before ordering parts.. trem arm and possibly block..

14. greezy strings

Sorry it's if I'm getting a little repetitive and OCD on this.. I very much appreciate all the replies.

I think since I'm gonna have a spare US 2/16 spaced trem and block .. i can just retro fit that in there and save money on any upgrades to the existing trem.

Maybe I'll like the high mass zinc block and bent saddles.. ?