Player Strat intonation question

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by wbrtc, Jun 19, 2021.

1. wbrtc

wbrtc New Member!

Hi

I have bought a Player Strat a couple of days ago and I was trying to set it up today and all was good until I was trying to set intonation. Treble strings and D string were perfect out of the box and did not require any adjustment on saddles, but low E string was a bit troublesome. Below is how it looks like after my adjustments, is that normal that only low E saddle is all the way down and the rest are like that? From what I read on other forums that low E and G should be more or less on the same level but G saddle did not require any adjustment at all, is this normal that E is all the way down, A saddle needed just a bit of adjustment and the rest are the same level?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. kurher

kurher Strat-Talker

Are the strings new or old?
    Also keeping the neck pickup (and middle sometimes) low can help in case you have magnetic interference. Low E is usually the worst offender.

greezy strings likes this.
  3. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

Just for comparison here's my intonated Player.

I don't know if mine's correct or not, or if it even makes a difference. It sounds and plays just fine btw.

Someone will come along with a proper answer.

BRIDGE.jpg

4. greezy strings

greezy strings Strat-Talker

not like this really helps.. but I know that when Ive gone from 10's or 9's to the 8's im using now.. I was surprised at how much I needed to adjust saddles.. especially low E.

I also drilled out one of the inserts for the trem pivot screw a little back on a project.. and the e vintage saddle was basically hitting the top of the pivot screw.. I changed them out to the block saddles and that gave me a bit more room.

Make sure you don't press down to hard on the 12th fret when checking.

someone here will have somethan for ya!

I really like my player strat...

5. Olddogmike

Olddogmike Strat-Talker

I ended up taking the spring out and putting it behind the bridge leaving the saddle to move all the way back to get perfect intonation on the lower E string.