Poll: Wich it's the most well known Strat in the world ?

Wich is the most well known Strat in the world ?

• Eric Clapton --- Blackie

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Eric Clapton --- Brownie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan --- Lenny

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan --- Number one

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Jimi Hendrix --- White Strat

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Georges Harrison --- Rocky

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

BigNorm

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Poll: Which it's the most well known or famous Strat in the world ?

What do you think ?
I'm not asking who's the best or who deserve it...Just like to know which of those Strat is the best known or say famous in all the Strats. The one everybody thinks when it comes to think Strat...
Have fun.

By the way...My choice goes to " Hendrix white strat "

Last edited:

JRSIV

Stuck in the Middle Position
Silver Member
Sep 22, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, as far as the most famous or iconic Strat goes it's gotta go to Jimi's late 60's White Strats. Especially if shown upside down like he played them; any self respecting music fan in the world would know who played it then.

Runner up has to go to Clapton's "Blackie". Clapton is very big outside of the guitar-freak community, thanks to stuff like "Wonderful Tonight" and the Unplugged album, so I think most would be familiar with the battered black Strat that he played for so long.

TexBiker

Strat-O-Master
Sep 19, 2008
Texas
I'd say it's probably "Blackie" for most people, but Gilmour's "Black Strat" is the one I think of more than any other.

jguitarnash

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 20, 2009
Nashville
Gotta be Jimi's white strat..him playing the Star Spangled Banner (or just Woodstock for that matter) is a moment that changed the history of music forever.

Runner up is Blackie for sure.

Hugh

Got Cluck ?
Jul 26, 2009
Louisville (KY)
i voted for the hendrix one...thats the one that was set on fire, right?

Did he set fire to more than one ? Zappa had the sunburst
PaigeCapoandparts034.jpg

Goodkat

The One
Jun 25, 2009
Belgrade, Serbia
Most well known ... tough one.

Most recognizable ... it's probably SRV's #1 (I mean, he did have those three huge letters on the pickguard :D).

ArlenBucy

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 22, 2008
Plant City, FL
I think as far as all people are concerned it would be Jimi's. I mean, I think more of the general populace is familiar with that one regardless of whether they play music or not.

In the player's world I'd probably say Blackie or Number 1.

thaus

Most Honored Senior Member
Jul 6, 2007
London Canada
Didn't Jimi set the sunburst on Fire at Monterey? That started his legend so the story goes. I think Zappa did end up owning and playing that stratocaster and now his son Dweezil has it.

Release

Strat-Talker
Feb 5, 2009
Northern VA
I have to go with Stevie's #1 and here's why:

All those others are indeed iconic, but if you put any of those guitars in the hands of someone else, would anybody immediately recognize what guitar it is? Seeing #1 in someone else's hands, you'd go "wait a minute...." But with, say Blackie, you'd probably just see a black Strat with a white pickguard.

mijstratguy

Strat-Talker
Sep 21, 2009
East Tennessee

Probably SRV #1 here. Because of my age, I'd have to throw in a nod to the 2-humbucker Strats used by the guy in Iron Maiden. That made the Strat body shape familiar to metalheads, who were accustomed to seeing pointy guitars.