Poll: Wich it's the most well known Strat in the world ?

Wich is the most well known Strat in the world ?

• Eric Clapton --- Blackie

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Eric Clapton --- Brownie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan --- Lenny

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan --- Number one

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Jimi Hendrix --- White Strat

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Georges Harrison --- Rocky

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

BigNorm

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I have to go with Stevie's #1 and here's why:

All those others are indeed iconic, but if you put any of those guitars in the hands of someone else, would anybody immediately recognize what guitar it is? Seeing #1 in someone else's hands, you'd go "wait a minute...." But with, say Blackie, you'd probably just see a black Strat with a white pickguard.

What about Georges Harrison's Rocky then ??? it's quite different than a black strat with white pickguard...but have not vote at all !!!

TexBiker

Strat-O-Master
Sep 19, 2008
Texas
What about Georges Harrison's Rocky then ??? it's quite different than a black strat with white pickguard...but have not vote at all !!!

I've been a Beatles fan since I was a kid and I think Harrison was a great player, but I never think of George when I think of influential Strat players. I certainly don't think of Rocky when I think of famous guitars.

BigNorm

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I've been a Beatles fan since I was a kid and I think Harrison was a great player, but I never think of George when I think of influential Strat players. I certainly don't think of Rocky when I think of famous guitars.

I understand your point Texbiker and I agree with you 100 % ...but it still a very recognizable Strat.

TexasFury

Strat-Talker
Mar 25, 2009
parts unknown
This is a question better asked of non-guitarists, since there are more of them than us. Put together a pic of all these guitars, and ask people if they recognize any of them. I'm guessing SRVs #1 will win

Here's the pic to show the man on the street:

gtr.jpg

Last edited:

sonny wolf

Most Honored Senior Member
Aug 7, 2009
austin texas
S.R.V.'s number one should be the most identifiable one.He customised it so distinctly with all that wear,black pickguard,stickers and upside down tremolo.

JRSIV

Stuck in the Middle Position
Silver Member
Sep 22, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
That collage pic is awesome Tex! Thanks for putting a visual aide to this poll. Seeing them all together it's hard not to rethink my choice...those Stevie Strat's are so distinctive! Like I said though I think it depends on who you're asking and whether it's from memory or if they're shown a photos.

Most guitar players are going to go with Blackie or SRV's #1; but the guitar laymen might pick SRV's #1 as well unless Jimi's is shown with the White Strat...Mmmm...

It also could be that it's 2:15AM and I'm tired to the point of hallucination and this all seems much more important than it really is...:oops::confused: