Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

POS guitar club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Dadocaster, Jun 19, 2015.

1. mshivy

mshivy Most Honored Senior Member

Personally I like cheaper guitars. Don't have to worry too much about the precious things, plus I got a lot of bills anyway ( like everyone else.) Cool thread Dadocaster

2. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Glad you dropped in, sir.

D

3. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    I sense that this club is going to grow, quick!

4. Dadocaster

I would think so, but it's possible that this site has an overall better class of people and there won't be many of us. :D

D

5. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Duderino Strat-Talk Supporter

You tell me if his qualifies, An 80's Charvel body plywood with thick plastic veneer on front and back MIM neck. Painted it up for my son in law, but traded back for an epiphone. BTW I still want a pic of the sparkly Dado!

[​IMG]

6. Krunch

Krunch Strat-O-Master

Jan 8, 2013
    NOLA

Thanks man! It's a POS but it's MY POS. Tuners ARE in it's future. She will be played again.

7. fezz parka

fezz parka The Wiggler of Sticks Strat-Talk Supporter

All my guitars are POS. Positively Outta Sight! :D

My fave POS: Peavey T15 with 25.5 scale neck and tele cutoff bridge. Made a new decal for it too!

Attached Files:

knh555, Jigglebone and wildhawk like this.

8. Dadocaster

I remember those. I remember them weighing a ton. Bulletproof.

D

9. fezz parka

fezz parka The Wiggler of Sticks Strat-Talk Supporter

Yep. I love the Super Ferrite pickups. The T15 has a slightly smaller body than a T27 or T60. T60's weigh more than any LP I've ever had. :D

10. Dadocaster

Maybe it's that model I remember.....

D

11. Weekender

Weekender Strat-Talk Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Memphis
    I have an '80s Ibanez Roadstar II in parts, just waiting to go back together. If I can find the right rattle-can Gold for the ugly brown burst body. If I can get it sanded and sealed smooth enough, Krylon Chrome Gold might be the ticket. Then some Green LEDs in the cavity to shine through the pickguard after I drill it full of holes. I have some cheapo P-90s to throw at it too.

Good thing it has a decent neck or the whole thing would go in a landfill. Best thing about it is the brown Poodle case is perfect for my JV Strat.

:twisted:

12. Vindibona1

Vindibona1 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Well... I've got this Squier SE that I picked up for $50. Dropped in a GFS brass block, some Fender tuners I had in the bin, some Lace SHG pups I got on closeout and rewired the thing completely with 7-way dual tone wiring. And of course it got the requisite Vindibona mods...

Tomorrow I'm gonna have some fun with it. I'm going to take it into the shop with a cool Jeff Beck Strat and do a shoot out. Not sure if I can record it, but it will be interesting for sure.

Attached Files:

13. Dadocaster

Well, that's certainly odd. I have one too. It last made a sound in maybe 1987 or so and I have carted the body and neck around ever since. Was thinking of puting P90s in it....:confused:

Anyone reading this would assume one or the other of us was trolling....

D

14. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida

15. mshivy

mshivy Most Honored Senior Member

I'm totally in here. I'm a cheap guy and I love cheap stuff. Plus these damn kids, needin' food and clothes and all-

AncientAx likes this.

16. Weekender

Weekender Strat-Talk Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Memphis
    Hey Dadocaster, no trolling here. I was seriously considering resurrecting the Ibanez and finding out how much (or little) it might actually resemble a Strat until I bought my Jimmie Vaughan last week. Now the Ibanez body and neck are on my dresser, waiting for another chance. I did sand off the horrid brown sunburst only to find what appears to be the most uninteresting veneer, hence the experimental metallic blue spray on the back. Not bad, but since I'm covered with a Strat, Tele, LP and acoustic, I'm leaning towards a gag guitar along the lines of gold and flashing LEDs. It will be a player, but for tunes like Rufus Thomas' Walkin' the Dog, Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music," etc.

Nice clip of you and your son. Mine is 14 but when in 5th grade he played a Beatles tune during a school play. Since then he's given it up for free-style and Greco-Roman wrestling.

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Weekender

17. stratriplet

stratriplet Strat-Talker

Jul 29, 2012
    Tennessee
    Oops. Duplicate post.

Attached Files:

Gabrielle84 likes this.

18. stratriplet

stratriplet Strat-Talker

Jul 29, 2012
    Tennessee

ImageUploadedByStrat-Talk forum1437763440.223702.jpg

I finally found a forum for this heavy acrylic. Has a great neck. I'm replacing the electronics and most likely the pups. It's a project guitar. My band mates have made death threats if I put LED's in it, though.

Gabrielle84 likes this.

19. michplayer

michplayer Senior Stratmaster

Jul 2, 2014
    Michigan
    I have a '95 imported Jackson with a busted up bridge and weak humbuckers, and the frets are sprouting.
    I'm in.

20. stratriplet

stratriplet Strat-Talker

Jul 29, 2012
    Tennessee
    So, what are you growing on those frets? ;)