Post a current picture with one of your guitars !

Electgumbo

Not Of This Earth
Dec 26, 2010
Scott, La.
Very nice.
I thought Eastman made knock off copies of guitars. But the El Rey’s is an original design of their own…

Murdog

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
May 7, 2021
U.S.A.
@Ebidis
Who me ??? Oh the guitar is a Eastman El Rey 3. It’s actually a archtop and is completely hollow… like a 335 but it can pretend to be a Les Paul or PRS. Ebony fingerboard, Flame Maple Binding. Hand carved flame maple top… it’s a amazing instrument. A local guy opened a shop to sell his collection… this was one of the guitars in his collection. It’s a 2012 but it’s been in his warehouse waiting for me 10 years. I play it every day. I strung it with flat wound 11’s and play jazz standards ( or try to ) on it. I 💕 it and I can let my ES-175 rest.

The cool thing is it sounds like a big arch top Jazz box. But with the flip of a switch on the Lil’ Mesa Boogie it’s high gain heaven and it’s the same guitar.

View attachment 565215 View attachment 565216 View attachment 565217 View attachment 565218
That's nice!

felis

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 27, 2013
Antwerp/Belgium
Taken by surprise....by the missus...
IMG-20220526-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220526-WA0004.jpg

...on a hot day...with a Breezy...☀️

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Ha ha. We need to add this photo to that thread with all the pictures of musicians that took it a little too far.
You should have seen the looks on the faces of the kids when I played at a community event a couple years ago. Some were running to the front and others were running like mad to get away. LOL
Definitely got a bunch of funny looks when I went for a ride on the motorcycle around the neighborhood too.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA

Heyyyyy. That's a really good idea you've got there with the hooks to hold the cables. I might have to try that so I can get all of mine out of the way. Right now they're all coiled up and lying in a pile in the bottom of one of my amp stands aka side/end tables.

They were on both sides of my bed at the last house but I don't need them here so I'm using them to get the amps up and off of the floor so they aren't sending sound at my shins & feet. As a bonus, now I've got some shelves to store all of my maintenance stuff on instead of it covering my dresser 😆

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
@Ebidis
Who me ??? Oh the guitar is a Eastman El Rey 3. It’s actually a archtop and is completely hollow… like a 335 but it can pretend to be a Les Paul or PRS. Ebony fingerboard, Flame Maple Binding. Hand carved flame maple top… it’s a amazing instrument. A local guy opened a shop to sell his collection… this was one of the guitars in his collection. It’s a 2012 but it’s been in his warehouse waiting for me for 10 years. I play it every day. I strung it with flat wound 11’s and play jazz standards ( or try to ) on it. I 💕 it and I can let my ES-175 rest.

The cool thing is it sounds like a big arch top Jazz box. But with the flip of a switch on the Lil’ Mesa Boogie it’s high gain heaven and it’s the same guitar.

View attachment 565215 View attachment 565216 View attachment 565217 View attachment 565218

Efz_NTbWoAAnXNo.png