Prayers for my parents, Please?

Boyd L

Strat-Talker
Jul 17, 2020
Appalachian Foothills
I had already taken the day off work before any of this started. I had a few things I wanted to get done that just weren't gonna happen if I worked all week. Then this happened. At first I was going to just sit around and wait for the call about what time they were going to start. I didn't get that call until about 1712hrs. Mom sounded in a better mood because after doing some more extensive tests they found that the problems were two of the vein grafts that she had done 16 years ago had blockages in them. They found that they can repair them with stints and there is a third that they can roto-rooter out to get her back on her feet.
If they do it in the early morning and there are no complications then she will be able to leave in the evening!
Now that is an answered prayer and proves the miracle that modern medicine truly is!
Not completely out of the tunnel but the light just got brighter.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll let you all know how it fares.
Cardiac treatments have come far in the last decade. I hope your mother can get effective treatment to allow a full return to life activities. My cardiologist has become a major player in my life. I can appreciate her emotions.

Sushi313

Strat-Talk Member
Oct 10, 2021
California
Tuesday morning I got a call from my mom while I was at work. She normally doesn't call that early in the morning so I was concerned when I saw her number pop up that something may have happened to Dad. Dad's been in waning health for about 10 years. While fighting Parkinson's disease, he beat cancer several years back and COVID last year after 3 weeks in the hospital. He's taken a couple falls in the last year that have bruised him up pretty badly though so I figured it was something like that.
The call wasn't about Dad though. Mom called to let me know she was in the hospital. She wasn't feeling right...not bad, just not right...so she went to the hospital that my wife works for. Once in the emergency room they found that she would need to see the cardiologist who told her they needed to install a stint via a catheter.
After 14 hours of waiting in the ER they finally got her a bed in a normal room and we were able to go see her. Mom was acting like nothing had happened but was a little worried, and rightfully so.
Yesterday, late afternoon, I got a call from her, hoping to hear that all went well and we could go see her again. That wasn't the case. She informed me that they started the procedure and then stopped because they found more than they expected. We are still waiting to hear when it will be done but she has to have another open heart surgery. Both, Mom and Dad had triple bypass surgeries in the same year 16 years ago. Now she has to do it again. I just don't know how many vessels they will be bypassing this time.
My mom is also my dad's primary care giver and this will put her down for quite a while so it will require extra help from the home health nurses too.
At least she is in one of the best hospitals in the state. I don't say that just because my wife works there. Mrs B. also worked there when it was one of the lowest ranked hospitals. They have come a long way in 20 years by privatizing and getting off of state subsidy (Not political here just fact). I know Mom is in good hands but, let's be real, I'm talking about my parents here. These are the people that raised me and taught me to be the man I am. They gave me my work ethic, taught me morals. Mom taught me to cook while Dad taught me to look at something and see how it goes together and work. They also taught me the value of loving and fighting for my wife as they just celebrated their 50th anniversary in June. They also taught me a lot more than I can talk about here.
I don't do this all that well but right now I'm just asking for prayers to the Almighty for my mom and dad.

Thanks for being such a great community guys.
lifting them up in prayers

JJ119

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 15, 2020
Mid West
YOU AND YOURS ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!

Your Faith & Strength are Well Built.
Times like this are such a Challenge.
I know there are MANY OF US HERE that will continue to keep a Prayer Line going!!

May the Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding of the Drs and Staff be on top of things, and Peace of The Lord reign over Mom, Dad, Yourself, Your Family, and Friends.

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec
I had already taken the day off work before any of this started. I had a few things I wanted to get done that just weren't gonna happen if I worked all week. Then this happened. At first I was going to just sit around and wait for the call about what time they were going to start. I didn't get that call until about 1712hrs. Mom sounded in a better mood because after doing some more extensive tests they found that the problems were two of the vein grafts that she had done 16 years ago had blockages in them. They found that they can repair them with stints and there is a third that they can roto-rooter out to get her back on her feet.
If they do it in the early morning and there are no complications then she will be able to leave in the evening!
Now that is an answered prayer and proves the miracle that modern medicine truly is!
Not completely out of the tunnel but the light just got brighter.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll let you all know how it fares.
Excellent news !