• Looooooooow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theron

Strat-O-Master
Nov 16, 2017
Indiana
Sitting here playing endlessly on my new Strat and realized that not only do I prefer Strats in Eb tuning.... I think I prefer everything tuned down 1/2 step.

I almost can't stand to play a Strat in standard tuning anymore, and my Ibanez Genesis stays in Eb for almost everything as well! Even having multiple guitars, I always think that I'll use different ones for different tunings...but nope!

So, what tuning do you guys find yourself playing in the majority of the time?

Hanaywhat

Strat-Talker
Mar 23, 2022
Vancouver Island
Sitting here playing endlessly on my new Strat and realized that not only do I prefer Strats in Eb tuning.... I think I prefer everything tuned down 1/2 step.

I almost can't stand to play a Strat in standard tuning anymore, and my Ibanez Genesis stays in Eb for almost everything as well! Even having multiple guitars, I always think that I'll use different ones for different tunings...but nope!

So, what tuning do you guys find yourself playing in the majority of the time?
Lately I've been playing alot of System of a Down so drop C. But generally I play alot of Audioslave/Rage and Tool with a bit of Iron Maiden here and there so I'm constantly going between Standard, drop D and drop C. Occasionally I'll go half step down for certain Pearl Jam/Hendrix songs but it always feels weird to me.

BuffaloHound

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 25, 2018
S
I don’t learn Jimmah Page stuff cuz he’s always in a weird tuning. But D standard Machine Gun tuning is fun. So is C standard.

Nokie

Strat-O-Master
Jul 31, 2018
Standard E, then drop D and open G and for a couple of tunes, I use a C7 tuning that Jerry Reed used on Tupelo Mississippi Flash. Low to high, it's D, G, C, G, Bb, E. The main thing about these alternates is that I must have my Strat bridge decked in order to switch between them. Even just dropping the E to D on a floating bridge messes up the tuning

CigBurn

Total Hack
Jun 22, 2014
Same Shed Different Day
Standard generally, Eb for specific things, sometimes DADGAD or some oddball tuning depending on the song.

I think what I like about alternate tunings is they really wake you up to musical possibilities I find oddly thrilling. Sadly the tuning/retuning aspect of it is the syrup of ipecac that prevents me from using them more. :)