Pribora Pickups anyone use?

JasonBacksley

New Member!
Jul 12, 2016
NY
Hello my dear friends! I'm new on this forum, and now i here for question for you:
Anyone use this pickups? I want buy set... But i see no info about this pickups, only this video:

AAT65

Strat-Talker
Jul 10, 2016
Edinburgh, Scotland
I've just received a set of Pribora "Red & White" traditional Fullerton-style Strat pickups (ordered via eBay) and will have them installed in my 1990 Squier Strat shortly, will let you know what my impressions of the sound is.

My initial impressions before installing are good - price was excellent ($62 / £48), they arrived from Russia in just over a week, well-packaged, with a 0.1uF PIO capacitor thrown in (not sure if I'll use it, but why not give it a try?). The pups themselves look solidly made.
c197032e6a6c8b499073327d3a7202fa.jpg
In the pic you can see the Pribora pups (on the left) contrasted with the stock Korean Squier pickups they are replacing.

AAT65

Strat-Talker
Jul 10, 2016
Edinburgh, Scotland
I've just received a set of Pribora "Red & White" traditional Fullerton-style Strat pickups (ordered via eBay) and will have them installed in my 1990 Squier Strat shortly, will let you know what my impressions of the sound is.
Had first blast at reasonable volume today with my new Alexander Pribora Red & Whites: and they are good. I feel they have a noticeably fuller sound than the old ceramic Squier pickups I had in there. Beautiful Strat quack on b&m. Middle pickup is great by itself, has some good character, clean or with a bit of crunch. Neck pickup so far warm but a little bit underwhelming -- but I need to experiment with the pickup height, I think there is more subtlety to come there.
I don't have it wired to hear the bridge pickup by itself - position #1 is bridge & middle in series. That combination does what you'd want - a bit louder, definitely less top-end, a good rock sound.

So all in all, I think these are a success and the £48 / $62 a worthwhile investment.

Latest posts