PRS

henderman

Dr. Stratster
Dec 4, 2013
largo,fl
nice set of guitars there ! i've had a plain blue with dot fretboard markers '91 classic electric since the late 90's and it now has stainless frets for the next 20 sum years.

jdanelam

Strat-Talker
Feb 7, 2020
Paris TX
You know something funny/odd? Every time I look at one I think to myself "Phony Strat"
I am probably so far off the mark on this thought but I'm not going to pick one up!
I wanted to hate the Silver Sky too. Wasn’t interested. Then I played one. Now I own it. And I want another one. It gets more live playing time than my CE22, CE24, Starplayer TV and Sparkle Jet combined. Phenomenal guitar. So fun and easy to play.

Elvis v

Strat-O-Master
Apr 11, 2017
My place.
Made before the Silver Sky. PRS SE EG.

2ACjAMs.jpg

Luvs2yoko

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 3, 2015
Pa
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg My PRS Se's
The Mira and Starla are my favorite guitars right now.Stock except for the addition of the Bigsby.The hollowbody is excellent as well, but I might sell it to fund one with the Piezo.The custom 24 has A pair of Pearly gates and locking tuners.The Tremonti was a basket case, cost me 20.00.Someone routed it for a bender, and numerous other things.I was on a budget with that one.Some bondo and a vinyl wrap kept the total around 50.00.It came with PRS 10 pickups. Looks good from 15 feet, sounds great.

Miotch

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 28, 2011
ok
You know something funny/odd? Every time I look at one I think to myself "Phony Strat"
I am probably so far off the mark on this thought but I'm not going to pick one up!

Ah, grasshopper, do not judge a guitar by it's cover. Garish, is sometimes just garish.

nice set of guitars there ! i've had a plain blue with dot fretboard markers '91 classic electric since the late 90's and it now has stainless frets for the next 20 sum years.

My 2001 Classic Electric also has dots, which I thought was all that was offered on the CE's back in the day. I read an article by their production supervisor that they offered the bolt-on necks thinking they could basically offer a lower-price guitar due to less manufacturing time glueing on the necks. But since the CEs were their first maple necks, they found it only saved them about 45 minutes of manufacturing time, hence they were only about $300-$400 less than the customs.

I wanted to hate the Silver Sky too. Wasn’t interested. Then I played one.

I also wanted to hate it until I played it. If I would have had the disposable cash, I'd probably own one too.

henderman

Dr. Stratster
Dec 4, 2013
largo,fl
My 2001 Classic Electric also has dots, which I thought was all that was offered on the CE's back in the day. I read an article by their production supervisor that they offered the bolt-on necks thinking they could basically offer a lower-price guitar due to less manufacturing time glueing on the necks. But since the CEs were their first maple necks, they found it only saved them about 45 minutes of manufacturing time, hence they were only about $300-$400 less than the customs.
the original ce was a slightly thinner than normal alder body, bolt on rock maple neck with brazilian rosewood board, a few paint colors and just dots were available. the electronics and hardware was the same as the customs.

way back, all prs guitars had a brazilian rosewood fingerboard and came with a case.