Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

PSA! Bassbreaker 15 biasing!

Discussion in 'DIY Amp Forum' started by JustABluesGuy, Jul 10, 2017.

1. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Strat-O-Master

Sep 3, 2016
    Houston, TX
    I've been scouring the internet, and asking people for any info about biasing Fender's Bassbreaker 15 with no success.

I finally broke down and called Fender customer support to ask them myself.

According to Fender, the Bassbreaker 15 is indeed cathode biased, and does not require re-biasing when changing tubes.

Now when someone else does an internet search they will have some info available to them.

It would be nice if they mentioned tube changes in their manual, but they are apparently concerned about DIY liability, so they hold the information close and tend to point people to an authorized service center as much as possible.

I must have convinced the guy I talked with that I wasn't going to electrocute myself.

Anyway, for anyone who wants to know, according to Fender Tech support, it IS safe to swap tubes without re-biasing the Bassbreaker 15.

xland likes this.

2. xland

xland Senior Stratmaster

Oct 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Thanks for the info!!!!

JustABluesGuy likes this.

3. JustABluesGuy

Sep 3, 2016
    Houston, TX
    I was glad to find out because I bought mine used and I'm pretty sure it has the original tubes in it, and looks like it has been gigged a bit, so I figure it could be getting close to time to change them out.

I also got some early 60's EL84s out of an old stereo recently that I want to try out, but without a tester I can't be sure if they are any good. I was worried about putting a possibly bad tube into it, be warned that it might harm my amp.

The tech told me that it wouldn't hurt the amp to try them out. If they aren't good it should be apparent from the tone of them amp, but it won't hurt the amp.

I'm tempted to go pop those old tubes in right now just for fun!

xland likes this.

4. kaputme

kaputme New Member!

Sep 9, 2017
    Germany
    Did you try it?? with New tubes. I have FX loop Hum so I'm planning to change the tubes..

5. JustABluesGuy

Sep 3, 2016
    Houston, TX
    No, I haven't tried new tubes in it yet. I doubt it would have any effect on effects loop noise though.