PSA--Black Friday Monoprice 15w Tube Amp $212.49

The Ballzz

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 26, 2014
LAS VEGAS , NV
Ya know? If it had 6V6s instead of EL84s, I'd be all over that like stink on poo, even with the solid state rectumfryer! Heck, it's even got an effects loop and a 1 watt switch!
Orwell,
Gene

Last edited:

Mikeylefty

Be Kind
May 9, 2020
SE USA
Geez, I’ve never heard of monoprice. Are those guitars any good? They’re so cheap.

Monoprice guitars: I would say no. I bought one with the plan to do upgrades but once I examined more closely, sheeeze. something has to occupy the low mark. Some people take it as a challenge to make them playable but for a little bit more money the fender squier strats are amazing for what they cost.

nadzab

Play Don't Worry
Silver Member
May 15, 2009
New England
Amazing tube amp for the price, and actually an excellent amp at any price. I've had the 5W version for a while now and just recently bought the 15W because I like the 5W so much. I've spent more than that on a night out at the bar, with nothing to show for it but a headache the next day...

M15W.JPG

Monoprice 5w Tube Amp.jpg

Last edited:

stormsedge

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 7, 2012
East Tennessee, USA
I'm curious about longevity at that price. I'm seriously concidering I also would like to know well the one watt feature works.

I have had mine for over a year with no issues. I have rolled the preamp tubes a couple of times mainly bc of the easy access...no real need to do it. I use mine on the 1W setting almost exclusively.

Stratattack72

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 4, 2010
pluton
How are the cleans especially on that one watt setting? I play a lot of classic country like Merle Haggard ? I'm about 80 percent there. I had a Peavey Valve King years ago got it new and it blew a transistor one year to the date of of warranty LOL . Glad yours is still working well !!

stormsedge

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 7, 2012
East Tennessee, USA
How are the cleans especially on that one watt setting? I play a lot of classic country like Merle Haggard ? I'm about 80 percent there. I had a Peavey Valve King years ago got it new and it blew a transistor one year to the date of of warranty LOL . Glad yours is still working well !!

I like it for the cleans. I can get the 1W dirty, but find it best to use a pedal if looking for distortion (which I generally do not do).

nadzab

Play Don't Worry
Silver Member
May 15, 2009
New England
I'm curious about longevity at that price. I'm seriously concidering I also would like to know well the one watt feature works.

I'm guessing I've had the 5W for 3 or 4 years now, and have thrown it in the back seat to take to small jams and cookouts many times, and in the warm months I take it out on the deck a lot to play in the open air. No issues whatsoever. I've only had the 15W for a couple months, but they are both very solidly built and do not feel like cheap amps at all. And you know what you're getting with the Celestion speakers.

The cleans are nice with the gain set low, and at 15W there's decent headroom. I don't use the 1W setting very much - if you're looking for country cleans at lower volume levels, I think you'd be fine just using it at 15W, low gain, and set the volume where you want it.