Join Strat-Talk Today

PSA: Fender Player Limited Edition Teles or Strats $499 Free Ship/No Tax

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by vid1900, Oct 25, 2019.

1. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member

Nothing but Hex Wrenches, Fender Play coupon, and cardboard.

Green Sub and matohota like this.
  2. SILENCER

SILENCER Strat-Talker

Good lord, a free starter tele!

Green Sub, Ducerro and vid1900 like this.
  3. circles

circles Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I find the Strat pleasing.

Green Sub and vid1900 like this.
  4. Jesse414

Jesse414 Strat-O-Master

Yes I'm doing this too lol I got 3 small solid state amps 1 epiphone and 1 indio tele.... Lets see that adds up to about...yeah not enuff. Maybe I could sell a kidney on the internet?

Green Sub likes this.
  5. Speedmaster

Speedmaster Strat-Talk Member

Mine arrived this afternoon, just over 48 hours after I caved in to the GAS.

It was factory sealed, apparently untouched and un-inspected by Adorama so I was worried it wouldn’t be even close to set up but happily it was pretty playable right out of the box. The action is very low so I will probably tweak that over the weekend when I get a minute.

I am very happy. I love the color and still can’t believe the price! I’ll post pics if I get some daylight in the coming days.

@vid1900 look at the army of new LPB Strat owners you have created!

Green Sub, Textele, Stratbats and 4 others like this.
  6. Ducerro

Ducerro Strat-Talker

Tracking says mine will be delivered Monday, but it's in North Texas now so there's a chance it could be early... :)

Green Sub and Speedmaster like this.
  7. Ducerro

Ducerro Strat-Talker

Every guitar I've bought from Adoroma has been delivered in the same fashion. Adoroma is more known for cameras than guitars, so I suppose it's understandable. I don't think they have a staff of guitar techs, more like a hoard of warehouse guys (or gals) driving forklifts of pallets of Fenders from one side of the warehouse to the shipping department. That's my GUESS and I could be wrong, but their business model works for me.

8. Speedmaster

That's my guess as well. I am impressed at how well it was set up when assembled and strung at the factory, as I've read countless reports of the opposite on much pricier guitars. Maybe I just got lucky!

Green Sub likes this.
  9. bsman

bsman Strat-Talker

My only issue with Adorama has been that (given they are photo-oriented, rather than guitar-oriented) the pictures and descriptions on their website are not necessarily accurate. For example - my Duo Sonic is LPB, all right, but not the HS model - rather it's the SS model. However, given that I paid less than $350 for it, and it played and sounded great, I decided to keep it. However, my correspondence with Adorama was frankly rather hilarious; I sent photos and had to explain the difference between what I received and the ad copy, and I don't know that even after that they really understood! :)

Green Sub likes this.
  10. Bighump

Bighump Strat-Talker

Man those are beautiful!

Green Sub and vid1900 like this.
  11. Speedmaster

Here it is... IMG_3707.jpg

Malurkey, Textele, Stratbats and 11 others like this.
  12. vid1900

That's the best part about Adorama.

Factory sealed box from Fender.

No re-boxing a guitar that was on display.

No $10 a hour clown doing a **set up** on my guitar.

Textele, Green Sub, Jesse414 and 2 others like this.
  13. vid1900

14. Ducerro

Ducerro Strat-Talker

Just got an updated email on shipping for mine... it's coming tomorrow! Which is rather funny cause a new Firefly Thinline just got dropped off a few seconds ago. Two guitars in two days! That's a new record for me (and one the wife says better not ever be broken). ;)

15. Ducerro

Ducerro Strat-Talker

Got my Firefly Thinline in today and spent the last hour checking it out. I'll be honest here, I'm not terribly impressed nor am I devastatingly disappointed. It needs work to make it up to a level one could call good, but it's not awful.

Fit and finish are excellent on the body. Zero complaints there. The neck feels rough and will need sanding, but that's pretty minor. Fret ends are fine - no work needed there. I'll have to check for fret level in a day or two - no time today. Strings? Mummm.. I don't know - not feeling it there and will likely replace with Fender 9's.

Plugged in the bridge pickup is WAY sharp - almost ice pick sharp. The lipstick neck pick up sounds fine though, but that bridge - yuck. The controls are... ready for this... VERY impressive. Good feel - zero complaints there as well. The bridge itself? Nay Nay, not gonna cut it. Looks and feels cheap. Saddles about the same.

Unplugged - yes I know, we don't play unplugged (but I do)... This one has a bit more volume than my other electrics. Is it because of the F-Hole? I suppose. Acoustically speaking I think this will do a good job of giving me more volume than my other electrics and less than my acoustics. Should be great for office noodling.

Extras? Mine came with a second pick-guard in black tort. I like it better than the red tort that came installed, but the black one is cut for a humbucker at the neck. I wouldn't mind having a humbucker on top, but that's not the pick up I didn't like. I suppose I can add a humbucker and save the lipstick for another guitar.

Tuners? No opinion yet. They held tune while I was playing today, we'll have to see how they do down the road.

Would I buy this again? Hard to say. I literally got this one for free (used my AMEX points on Amazon). If I walked into a store and took this one off the wall I would more than likely put it back. That said, it may work perfectly for what I have in mind. At this point I do NOT believe I wasted my points. BUT - I'm not sure if I'm still in the market for a Firefly 335. I may go with a Gorte on that or wait till the end of next year an spring for an Epiphone.

16. Jesse414

Jesse414 Strat-O-Master

What its still on sale ? This sale is killing me how long can it last.... I'm gonna cave:confused::eek:

17. Ducerro

Ducerro Strat-Talker

Mine came today. Just finished unboxing it, checking it over, and playing it. As far as condition goes it was perfect. Well packaged, double boxed, no damage. This one wasn't even close to being in tune though. Not that that's an issue, just caught me off guard. All of the other Fenders I've ordered came out of the box in tune or just barely off tune. This one was WAY off - and I do mean WAY off. As in I don't think they checked the tuning before boxing it up and sending it out. Guess the tune dude was off that day. No real issue though. I had to tune it several times before I got it to hold, but it's fine now. I'm pretty sure I'll need to retune tommorrow and then it should be fine.

It's a pretty guitar, but it's not quite what I expected color wise. There's a lot more teal in the color than I envisioned.

To keep the misses happy I had to promise to thin the herd a bit, so I put a red MIM Strat on Facebook Marketplace yesterday. This morning when I awoke I had a trade offer. That was something I had not anticipated, especially due to what was offered - a Yamaha SY77 Synthesizer. Now I don't play the keyboard, but Ms. Ducerro does and we were just talking about bringing her keyboard from the winery up to the house so she could play more. So, I looked the SY77 up to see what it's value was. Turns out it's double what I was asking for the red Strat. Did you know the SY77 was over $3000 new! It's old technology now, but still sought after. Had the wife look at some online demos and she decided she'd like to have it, so we swapped guitar for Synth this afternoon. I don't think either of us got "the better" deal - it was just a good dollar for dollar swap.

The kicker here is me watching the red Strat leave the building. Even before the guy arrived I was already thinking I might have made a mistake. It really was a VERY nice guitar. The new LPB Strat was already here, but still boxed up. Not sure if I would have backed out on the deal if I had opened the new Strat first or not. I think I already miss my old red Strat. The new one is better, but only maginally - maybe 5% better at best. It is nicer by far (the red Strat had a few battle scars and one of the tuners wasn't the same as the rest - but I had already bought new locking tuners, just hadn't found the time to replace them). I'm not sure at this point if I regret the whole deal or not. I do know I was happier than I thought I was with the red Strat.

Like I mentioned - the new Strat IS nicer than the old one, so I suppose the glorified memory of old red will fade soon. I hope so anyway...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Green Sub, Jesse414 and vid1900 like this.
  18. Hedgehogz70

Hedgehogz70 Strat-Talker

My local Fender dealer has this for $489 (granted there is sales tax)...played the one they had & ...ok, I guess..needed a serious set up, and the bridge pickup was seriously f-ed up, but i was ok not getting on board with the special...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Green Sub and Jesse414 like this.
  19. vid1900

That's a great price.

Lake Placid Blue is the hardest color to find in the series!

Give the dealer some love by posting his name here, local guys can keep him in business by supporting him.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Green Sub likes this.
  20. Hedgehogz70

Hedgehogz70 Strat-Talker

Sight & Sound is the brick& mortar store; world music supply is their online presence. One of their instructors, Governer Davis, is one of the best blues players I've ever heard...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Green Sub, matohota and vid1900 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.