Join Strat-Talk Today

PSA: MIA Music Man Cutlass $999 , HSC, Stainless Frets, Active PU @ GC

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by vid1900, Apr 16, 2019.

1. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

diogoguitar and circles like this.
  2. vid1900

3. vid1900

4. circles

circles Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I played one at GC and rather liked it.

vid1900 likes this.
  5. Ducerro

Ducerro Strat-Talk Member

That's a great discount - but it doesn't ship until late October! It's a preorder sale...

6. John C

John C Most Honored Senior Member

GC is probably out of stock now; these are the 2016-2017 leftovers with the plain maple poly-finished necks. EBMM switched to the roasted maple with oil-and-wax finish necks for 2018 - and they now have a $2K+ MAP. Maybe they will put the other leftover 2016-2017s on sale for $999 later.

As far as I know EBMM has no intention of putting out any more of these Cutlasses in white with the poly-finished plain maple neck, so I have no idea where GC got that date or what it means - the current Cutlass in white has the roasted neck, a rosewood fingerboard and has a MAP of $2,049 for the SSS version. Assuming they are still going to make it in white - they announced some color changes for 2019 at the NAMM show (which I didn't bookmark the details :oops:) but the new colors aren't going to be released until May.

7. vid1900

Looks like all the stock is sold out.

Last night and earlier today, they were still in stock locally and at the GC warehouse.

If you got your shipping confirmation number in email, you ordered in time.

-

Think of the GC execs....

Brandon: Buddy, today we just sold over 600 of those Music Man Cutlass guitars we've been storing for 3 years!

Bryce: Whaaaa? What the fnck happened, did Cardi B pretend to play one in her new video "Buttocks Go Boomin"?

Brandon: No man, we put them on sale! Like a real sale. Like $600 off.

Bryce: Duuuuude, we went totally Adorama on their asses!

Brandon: I know, right? We just ordered 500 more from Music Man! Got to keep the Clearance Sale clearancing.....

Bryce: You got me thinking here....so you're telling me that if we price guitars at a real discount, like camera stores do, we actually SELL them??? Boatloads of them??

Brandon: We can't be completely sure, there's differential equations involved. I mean the corporate analysts were busy all morning just deciding if we should order more to fill this demand....

ChrisD and Textele like this.
  8. Ducerro

Ducerro Strat-Talk Member

I know for a fact there is a price at which color becomes a secondary consideration. I've got one of the Sunburst Fender Precision Basses from Adorama they had on clearence. I absolutely HATE sunburst P's - but here I am rockin' one. At $399 it was just too good of a deal to pass on.

Lovnmesomestrat and vid1900 like this.
  9. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

If I ever decide to buy a Music Man I don't think it will be Stratty.

10. KC

KC Strat-Talk Member

bought one of these "new" a couple of weeks ago, arrived with ancient strings, no case candy, horrible setup, a buzz on two of the pickup positions, an intermittent output jack and a few dings and dents. It's back at Music Man now for electronic repair.

why didn't I just return it? because it's the best Strat I ever played, and I have owned a bunch of 'em. if I returned this one, I'd just have to buy another.

but yeah -- know what you're getting from Guitar Center. super-shady.

11. John C

Yep - these have been hanging around at GCs warehouse and the stores since 2016, so it doesn't surprise me that some would have issues.

Although the white ones are sold out it wouldn't surprise me to see the black ones they have in stock go out for the $999, and the coral red ones for $1,099 (as the red ones were 2017s and were $100 more than the 2016s). Particularly since the 2018 and later ones are $650 more than the 2016s due to the changes EBMM made to them.

EDIT: As I posted last night I doubt that there are more of these on order for the $999 price - EBMM doesn't make that spec any more, and I have no idea where GC got that "in stock again" date. I really don't see Sterling Ball producing a big batch of these in 2016 spec for GC - they are backordered something like 6 months these days, and they just don't make that many instruments per year compared to Fender.

12. vid1900

I guess we will know in October, when the people who ordered late get their guitars.

If they say 2016, then we know that they are still the old stock

That would be super cool too.

I hope you are right.

Capture.PNG

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  13. KC

KC Strat-Talk Member

it's showing up as in stock, as of a minute ago -- but I would want to call the actual store & get the actual condition of the actual guitar, to prevent annoyance down the road . . .

vid1900 likes this.
  14. vid1900

Today's email:

Apparently, these are back in stock, both online and at 2 of my local stores again.

No waiting until October.

(makes you wonder what about all the people who ordered one for Oct delivery.....is it just going to appear on their porch, unannounced Monday?)

15. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster Strat-O-Master

I noticed these last week. I've been pretending I didn't seem them ever since.

vid1900 likes this.
  16. KC

KC Strat-Talk Member

Whatever you do, don't play one! Don't listen to the pickups! Don't touch that neck!

vid1900 likes this.
  17. John C

I noticed that as well from today's email - my guess is they just don't have a good accounting of what they have on hand across all the stores - making sure everything is in the store's database, tracking holds, etc. - and it took them a few days to catch up, maybe process a few returns.

18. KC

KC Strat-Talk Member

gone again . . .

19. KC

KC Strat-Talk Member

back again . . .

vid1900 likes this.
  20. vid1900

It's GC, they've been in the red for over a decade.

Who needs accounting?

(I liked them better when they were called Organ Center. )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.