Quit my band, here’s my final contribution

wyldelife

Strat-Talker
Sep 30, 2011
Norway
So last year I quit the band I was in, Underwing.

I quit the band because it demanded more commitment than I could give due to having a full-time job as a teacher as well as a baby on the way.

I still had one final song left to record with the band called “House on Fire”.

This is the solo from that song.

It was a very difficult solo to make but I was very pleased with the final result.

I recorded the solo with my Fender American Standard Strat on the recording, but did this jam in the backyard to check out how it sounded with my new #1, the Gibson Les Paul Special!

I used the Strymon Iridium as an amp sim on the Marshall mode and used my 1981 DRV to “drive the amp”.

Would love to hear your thoughts on both the playing and the tone!

Miotch

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 28, 2011
ok
Awesome song and playing !! But it is more than a solo: It's a song.

Add a 30-second intro and outro and it is a complete song, even with a bridge-like structure within.

Great, great, great job !!!! (tone outstanding, too).

But even more important is the tough, but very adult, decision you made with the prospect of soon having a child. No matter what our hopes and dreams are, they are secondary to a child.

wyldelife

Strat-Talker
Sep 30, 2011
Norway
Awesome song and playing !! But it is more than a solo: It's a song.

Add a 30-second intro and outro and it is a complete song, even with a bridge-like structure within.

Great, great, great job !!!! (tone outstanding, too).

But even more important is the tough, but very adult, decision you made with the prospect of soon having a child. No matter what our hopes and dreams are, they are secondary to a child.

Thank you very much!
It’s actually already a song!

nungesser

crash into your windshield of love
Apr 28, 2014
Ireland
Sorry to hear about you quitting your band, a band takes a lot of commitment and can be over demanding and it's no fun if it starts to interfere with your family.
You should be proud of the music you made with Underwing and you were an integral part of their sound. I'm sure you had a hell of a lot of fun making music with the guys. Lots of recordings and videos so you have a rock n roll legacy to tell your little ones about as they get older.

wyldelife

Strat-Talker
Sep 30, 2011
Norway
Sorry to hear about you quitting your band, a band takes a lot of commitment and can be over demanding and it's no fun if it starts to interfere with your family.
You should be proud of the music you made with Underwing and you were an integral part of their sound. I'm sure you had a hell of a lot of fun making music with the guys. Lots of recordings and videos so you have a rock n roll legacy to tell your little ones about as they get older.
Thank you so much! Yes, we had a lot of fun along the way!