Radiation treatments....

Malurkey

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 28, 2016
Netherlands
They’re shooting you with a relativistic particle cannon to kill the parts of you that are holding you back. That’s quite an impact to the human body.

My mother in law has recently undergone such treatments, and she now suffers from radiation-induced pneumonia. It’s a really tough treatment. I wish you strength.

Get well soon! :thumb:

JB74

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 22, 2018
ɹǝpunuʍop
Just think... being cytotoxic is a blessing in disguise. You can walk around the house at night and not even need a flashlight.
The incredible hulk would be jealous.
;)

Hang in there, it's ****e now, but in a month you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

T-Rey

Strat-O-Master
Sep 17, 2020
Georgia
Sorry you are not reacting well to the radiation! Hopefully, as weird as it sounds to say, you will acclimate to it and they won't all be as bad for you. Wishing you well man! Never stop fighting! You never realize how strong you are until you have to be and this is a prime example!

NHFlyCaster

Strat-Talker
Feb 16, 2020
NH
I had some for my throat. It was described as a sunburn from the inside out. 5 days on & 2 days off for 30 treatments.

At the start I thought 2 days off, why not just blast it out of there. Towards the end ot came to me 2 days off gave a break with time to recover.

Am wishing you the best of luck with treatment. Hang tough.

fattboyzz

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 24, 2017
Newnan ,Ga.
My brother is about 5.5 years past a huge brain tumor in the front left ..
Soon after the wound healed they radiated him for 30 days straight. It was hard. He got sick. He is still here though ;)

Best of luck GM !

Stratimimus

Strat-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 19, 2018
NE Ohio
@Guitarmageddon - Wishing you strength and resilience through these treatments.

I had some for my throat. It was described as a sunburn from the inside out. 5 days on & 2 days off for 30 treatments.

At the start I thought 2 days off, why not just blast it out of there. Towards the end ot came to me 2 days off gave a break with time to recover.

Am wishing you the best of luck with treatment. Hang tough.

I went through similar treatments (radiation 5 days/week for 7 weeks and 3 heavy doses of chemo spaced 2 weeks apart) 3+ years ago for a tumor at the base of my tongue.

bluejazzoid

Strats Amore
Silver Member
Aug 14, 2009
Southeast USA
Sorry to hear that Ryan, but glad you are going through with it despite how horrible it's making you feel.

We are pulling for you!!!

0An1jGU.gif

Latest posts