Reaction Spam On Youtube

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stonetone, Jun 10, 2021 at 7:43 AM.

1. Stonetone

Stonetone Senior Stratmaster

Seriously what's up with all this person, that person (mostly nobody's) reacts to this song or that song spam on youtube ??

Like who the Frak are these people? why are they getting so many views ? who the Frak cares about their reactions, like some rap/hip-hop fan who has never even heard of Led Zeppelin and barely knows what a guitar or stringed instrument is reacts to stairway to heaven, really??

I mean might as well have @Ebidis do a Reaction video to a Song at least he knows music and guitar and would have meaningful insight to a particular song which would be interesting :)
    but all the rest of these reaction youtube videos are just retarded.

Rant Over

Stone

2. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster

Reaction videos.
    And in the beginning...

3. Stonetone

:D:D:D

duzie likes this.
  4. StratMike10

StratMike10 Dr. Stratster Gold Supporting Member

Even before that I remember a science fiction show that showed old movies while a couple of Robots or something like that stood in the foreshadow and constantly interrupted/commented, it was a little annoying with all the interruptions that won't let you get into the movie... same with these music videos, you can't get into the song because it is constantly interrupted.

I kind of agree, the first time I saw one was a young classical flutist woman reacting to Jethro Tull, which cracked me up, but after that, every one of them is like hearing the same joke over and over.

5. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

Most of them are boring. Every now and then there’s a guy who has a good personality and if he’s doing a song you like can convey a little of the joy you felt when you first discovered that song.

Stonetone likes this.
  6. Stonetone

haha yeah i recall that think was mystery science theater 3000

upload_2021-6-10_8-9-5.png

as for the current spam no matter what i search or watch on youtube there's always this reaction spam videos appearing or in the sidebar it s annoying me to no end :)

Nubs, Baelzebub, duzie and 1 other person like this.
  7. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

that show is called Mystery Science Theatre followed by some number that I remember.

8. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

duzie and Stonetone like this.
  9. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster

10. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Most Honored Senior Member

It's like everything else on social media. 99.9% fake.

One person does something interesting and people like it, and then the pathetic, needy sheep try to imitate it, until it becomes a parody of itself.

You see it in all forms of so-called "creative" endeavors. When was the last time you saw a movie or television show with an original plot?

Ebidis, 3bolt79, fos1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. tery

tery Dr. Stratster

I don't pay any attention to them .

3bolt79 and fos1 like this.
  12. fos1

fos1 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Many times an incredible musician will do excellent work and a percentage of viewers will give it a thumbs down.

3bolt79 and Stonetone like this.
  13. Philo426

Philo426 Senior Stratmaster

I must confess I do enjoy some of the reaction videos,mostly because the host (s)are likable and seems to genuinely appreciate the music that came out before they were born.

14. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Censored

Easy solution, don't click on them and they will disappear. As soon as you click on one reaction vid yt starts generating more and more of them into your feed. If you ignore them, they will disappear from your feed.

It's like pest, I hate them with my guts.

Bladesg, 3bolt79 and Stonetone like this.
  15. Wayne Adams

Wayne Adams Strat-Talker

I always hated MST3K. I'm perfectly capable of sniping at a movie myself, thanks.

3bolt79 likes this.
  16. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Most Honored Senior Member

I'm not sure I follow. Could you take a video of yourself watching one and post it to YouTube so I can see what you mean?

17. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

Rarely do any of them say they don’t like the song...if ever, bunch of BS

18. Michael919

Michael919 Most Honored Senior Member

I happen to like them from time to time, as long as I feel the person is authentic. It's kinda like the old day experience of putting an album on that you really like for someone who has never heard it. You sort of re-experience it for the first time. Again, you need to like the reviewer.

I also enjoy reaction videos by musicians who are breaking down what they are hearing technically, like a jazz drummer counting out the poly-rhythm time signatures going on during a complex rock piece. Another is a good composer review where they break down the various themes and techniques they are hearing.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 5:25 PM
  19. Slacker G

Slacker G Strat-Talk Member

It should be pretty obvious that some people must like them simply by the amount of people that view reaction videos. I am rather indifferent to them . Personally I don't see anything wrong with third parties promoting the videos of an artist. The reaction video expands the viewing audience of the artist being reacted to. And as any wise artist knows, any publicity is good publicity for a performer trying to build an audience or attract attention to themselves. No offense but it's still a marginally quasi free country. I am aware of only two viable choices where reaction videos are concerned, or any other internet content for that matter.

#1 You can whine about other peoples choice of uploads by creating a thread as boring as you considered the videos that they posted.
    #2 Exercise mental discipline by not allowing your fingers to click on the mouse button that evidently will hold you against your will at "mouse point".

3bolt79 likes this.
  20. Stratafied

Stratafied Most Honored Senior Member

This is frakin crazy.

3bolt79 likes this.