Reaction Spam On Youtube

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stonetone, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Scott Baxendale

Scott Baxendale Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

642109B8-FBF1-4D1E-A5C1-736FFA1410E6.png
    This is because people without a creative bone in their bodies have determined that having a YouTube channel is their job and their future. Since they can’t create anything themselves they have glommed on to this weird niche of thinking they can monetize their channel by generating a big following by showing their reactions to other peoples creative content. So they steal the original content then video themselves reacting to it? It’s sort of a scam.

Stevie Terreberry does the same thing on his channel where he steals someone else’s video then he proceeds to make fun of the people it in a smarmy way that he thinks is humor. He is a big thief of other peoples creative content. This is totally because Terreberry doesn’t have a single creative thought or idea, yet he is making over $100g’s a month as a guitar something. It’s a bit disgusting, I think?

Some gamer kids are making millions by live streaming themselves playing online video games and getting millions of followers who just watch them play video games.

Just like everything else with social media the real artists get a back seat to the loudest self promoters. Just as weird as the reaction videos are the guitar shredder videos such as someone like Mimisounds on Instagram. She gets thousands more views playing over a record than views of the actual record got. I wonder why? More power to her, but does she really deserve to become a star in this manner? Now, I have nothing against Mimisounds and other women like her and more power to them, I just think it’s absurd they have a career as a guitarist videoing themselves playing over a record. Shouldn’t that be called “practice” instead?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Wayne Adams and Stonetone like this.
  2. cranky

cranky Senior Stratmaster

Spam?

Scott Baxendale likes this.
  3. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

There was this one episode, wher a doctor in the movie was taking the bandages off a burn victim, and one of the robots says “smells like bacon”. Priceless.

4. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

Her playing isn’t really that great. I would say mediocre at best, from the videos I’ve seen. I will try to find her so called shred videos.

5. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Censored

What I don't get though is how Rick Beato gets his videos flagged by music corporations because he uses song examples in his vids, but all these people can video themselves listening to an entire song and monetize it.

CB91710, Stonetone, cranky and 2 others like this.
  6. Scott Baxendale

That is the point. She is making more money than touring pros because of her appearance. It has nothing to do with musicianship or original creation. There are a bunch of others too who are more prolific “shredders”.

3bolt79 and Stonetone like this.
  7. Scott Baxendale

It’s messed up, isn’t it?

CB91710, Guy Named Sue and 3bolt79 like this.
  8. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

I think it’s somewhere along the lines of their attorneys only sue the ones making real money off it. Some kid with no money playing a cover tune on YouTube probably doesn’t have enough money to make even a cease and desist notice be worth sending out. Who would you rather sue? The guy that cant even afford to eat a hamburger every night, or the guy that eats steak everyday. Just saying’

Impulsive guppy and Stonetone like this.
  9. Michael919

Michael919 Most Honored Senior Member

Mouse likes this.
  10. Cold Shot

Cold Shot Strat-O-Master

I have NEVER liked Terreberry. He is amongst the worst of YouTube guitar personalities. The video that made his channel explode was literally a video of him making fun of Lil' Wayne's guitar prowess. Now, I'm not arguing that Lil' Wayne has little to no skill on a guitar and that him playing on stage is little more than an act, but, to add to your comment, you're 100% right. Terreberry literally makes a living stealing content and making fun of it. Pretty ironic coming from a clown. I laughed so hard when his channel was hacked a couple of weeks back and chalked it up to nothing but sweet karma.

11. Scott Baxendale

Yes, and all of this is coming from a guy who can’t get on a real stage because of his paralyzing stage fright so instead he stands in front of green screen in his mothers basement(that is, until he made so much money he now has a new million dollar house) and makes fun of others who do have the courage and creative talent to get up there and perform. When he ripped on Yoko doing a performance art piece is exactly when I wanted to smash all of his guitars….lol

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Stonetone and Cold Shot like this.
  12. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

Why do I keep getting dragged into these things? Is it my winning personality, or my good looks? :D

13. Stonetone

Stonetone Senior Stratmaster

Hahahah Id Def say its your personality :D

Lovnmesomestrat, 3bolt79 and Ebidis like this.
  14. muttonbuster

muttonbuster Strat-Talk Member

Democratic People's Republic of California.
    This was my all time favorite:

mst 3k.gif

15. CB91710

CB91710 No GAS shortage here Double Platinum Supporting Member

In the case of MST3K, that was the point... they showed B movies that nobody really wanted to watch, and the commenting was the schtick, like when you get together with friends and rank on a lame performance or TV show.

But the whole point of the YT reaction videos is to break them up.... so YT's AI doesn't flag them as IP violations, and the "creators" claim fair use.
    They are doing nothing but intentionally profiting using the creative work of the original performer.
    If a reaction video appears in my feed, I immediately flag the channel as "Do not recommend channel" unless it's a channel that I normally watch and they are doing it for truly educational purposes.

Watching YeaBloo watch and comment on a musical performance is just as bad as watching Trogly browse Reverb.

Stonetone likes this.
  16. Impulsive guppy

Impulsive guppy Strat-O-Master Silver Member

If I watch a reaction video, then YouTube suddenly thinks I’m a reaction video enthusiast. Lol

When that happens I go into the settings and delete watch history and search history
    (I do it a couple of times and exit without going to the main menu)

This gets rid of some YouTube “suggestions” for a little while.

Scott Baxendale and CB91710 like this.
  17. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

Of all the ‘reaction’ vids on YouTube these guys are hands down the best.

18. Impulsive guppy

Impulsive guppy Strat-O-Master Silver Member

If anything the reaction videos break down stereotypes (duh).
    I used to fall into that trap when I was a kid.
    “You wear boots and a cowboy hat, there’s no way you like anything but country music”
    Etc..

If they had this back then I might not have been as dumb.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    StratMike10 likes this.
  19. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

Because nobody watches those. Youtube is about getting the most people to watch your vids. Not the least. Not hard to understand.

20. guitarchaeologist

guitarchaeologist Dr. J Silver Member

IDK, I really like watching the reaction vids of the twins. They are genuinely learning about music they've not heard before. I respect that, and I find them fun to watch.

Stonetone likes this.