Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Red strat owners club!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by WhammyDawg, May 30, 2011.

1. Gidrant

Gidrant Strat-Talk Member

May 3, 2017
    Madrid
    Sorry .

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

2. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    I've got two.

AV65
    IMG_4512.JPG

And this partscaster that has recently spent time as #1
    IMG_3129.JPG

Mansonienne, dexlex and moosie like this.

3. Strat*Fan81

Strat*Fan81 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Indiana
    IMG_0392.JPG
    Here’s my American Original 60’s Strat. Love this guitar!

aiabx, moosie, Percy and 1 other person like this.

4. moosie

moosie Senior Stratmaster

Feb 19, 2014
    Connecticut
    Sweet!

What are the dot markers? Pearl? Clay?

5. jamdogg

jamdogg Strat-Talker

Apr 17, 2018
    New England
    IMG_1537.JPG '92(?) MIJ HRR '60s.

6. Strat*Fan81

Strat*Fan81 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Indiana
    They are pearl. Clay would’ve been sweet

moosie likes this.

7. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Started life of a Samick strat copy, bought for $40 from a pawnshop in Athens, Ohio when I was in college there. Had "Nancy lvs Sid" in a heart in pencil on the PG along with the anarchy symbol. Rear strap button had been moved up about 6 inches on the body (probably owned by some punk kid who couldn't get his guitar low enough).

Wanted a guitar with a tremolo since at the time all I had was my hardtail natural (avatar). Problem was it had a pointy headstock which I didn't care for.

So I was looking for a large headstock RW fretboard neck, but every one I saw was a couple hundred bucks. Wasn't going to put that kind of cash on a $40 guitar. Saved a search on fee bay, and after 10 years finally found guy selling 3 that he had resprayed the HS faces with black lacquer for $55 shipped. Now we're talking. Also really wanted gold HW, so swapped out everything. Found out the hard way there's a difference in screw spacing between import and American vintage. No big deal, just had to fill and drill.

When the neck arrived and bolted right on (no trouble fitting it), the black HS and white PG looked to partscastery so I decided I wanted black plastics to match.

[​IMG]

I had my heart set on first generation Lace Sensor red pups, but full sets were going for the same high price as the neck. So I started searching for them individually. Made sure I bought a bridge unit.

When they arrived I had gotten 2 bridge units. Decided rather than return one and keep looking I'd mount it in the neck position on a push pull volume pot Gilmour switch in parallel.

Also scoured some pieces of a Graph Tech Ghost piezo saddle system, still had to order some from them, Did a custom installation, since they recommend using a PP volume pot to switch between magnetic and piezo pups (couldn't do that) and sacrificing a tone pot for the piezo volume (didn't want to do that either), so I routed out under the PG and put in a separate volume pot and mini 3 way switch. with the mini 3 way in the middle I can use each volume to "blend" the outputs, even though they go through their own signal chain and amplification.

It's a real tone machine (I know that term is tossed around a lot, but this time its true). I blend in some piezo to reinforce a clean sound, and a little backs up a distorted sustain.

[​IMG]

Here's the almost finished product (very dirty, and during the build).

[​IMG]

8. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Strat-Talker

Jul 25, 2017
    ABQ
    Does Razz Berry count?

[​IMG]

aiabx likes this.

9. vlazlow

vlazlow Strat-Talk Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Heart of Dixie

10. hoku_boy

hoku_boy Strat-Talk Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Kauai, HI

11. moosie

moosie Senior Stratmaster

Feb 19, 2014
    Connecticut
    I just have this one, that I posted here back in 2015, but I see photobucket is holding my pics for ransom, so...

It's a 2013 CS '57 from PGS's Total Tone series. Closet classic finish and a chunky soft V neck (1.05" at the 12th).

full case.JPG 20171123_185813.jpg

12. Nerd Hang

Nerd Hang Strat-Talk Member

Feb 6, 2017
    San Francisco
    IMG_9793.JPG

My 2017 American Pro.

hoku_boy likes this.

13. Dreadge

Dreadge Strat-Talker

Jul 27, 2012
    Serbia