Join Strat-Talk Today

Replacement Strat Neck

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Scoobydoo, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Strat-Talk Member

I'm looking into getting a new neck for my american standard, has anybody ever used or heard of a company called allpartswood based in Italy?
    They can do rosewood fingerboards and stainless steel frets but i feel sceptical because the description at the bottom of their homepage seems a bit Chinese and I can't find anything about them online for feedback.

2. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

My browser stopped their web page from installing a executable file, so I'd not get too excited about them

Have you looked at getting a real Fender neck from Fender or Stratosphere ?

3. Yves

Yves Most Honored Senior Member

Why don't you consider reconditioning the original neck.
    A refret with spec'd to your liking, plek + a full set-up to your liking.

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  4. Adam Mark

Adam Mark Strat-Talk Member

I ordered two replacement necks for my Standard MIM strats. In my opinion replacement necks straight from Fender are the best way to go. You can just go on the website and choose what you need and you can even call them and they will place the order for you. Especially if you’re like me and you want to keep your guitar as standard as possible. Just make sure you have a good tech to set it up the way you need and so they don’t mess anything up!

CB91710 likes this.
  5. heltershelton

heltershelton BANNED Strat-Talk Supporter

if you must have SS frets, look at warmoth. a USA fender neck is going to run you 500+.

Stephen James, CB91710 and Nate D like this.
  6. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo

Musikraft is a great choice too, but pricey especially with custom fees.

Leotis and Nate D like this.
  7. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

I think that’s a dodgy site trying to fool people who want Allparts.

Allparts necks are very good - made in Japan as per MIJ Fenders. But the web site is Allparts.com or Allparts.co.uk

henderman, CB91710 and Nate D like this.
  8. Scoobydoo

9. Scoobydoo

That's the kinda vibe I was getting from the website, although I went through the build custom thing and they have a fair few options for the necks but I still don't know about them.
    Are there any other neck builders in the EU aside from guitarbuild uk? Ideally I'd be looking for a rosewood fingerboard and ss frets but with the cites thing it's hard to get rosewood from the US. Warmoth will send it but as usul1978 says, customs charges would make it more costly.
    Do allparts do ss frets?

10. Scoobydoo

Yeah but I kinda wanted to upgrade to stainless frets and I don't think fender do that, also I wanted to change from maple to rosewood too

11. nutball73

12. Scoobydoo

I was looking on ebay, and reverb too. I found a guy on reverb called nrg or northern redfish guitars claiming to craft the necks himself in Canada but found the same necks on a website called etsy and seemed Chinese too.
    Havery you heard of northwestguitars necks? I think they source their stuff from Korea but they claim american woods. I'm tempted by their rosewood neck for the price, but doesn't have ss frets, still cheaper than a regret though

13. the dark sailor

the dark sailor Senior Stratmaster

I just so happened to order a custom neck from Musikraft last month. I'm getting it made for my 65 CAR replica . At 346.00 out the door I thought it was a pretty good price. Especially since it's getting binding (90.00), mother of peal dots(35.00), & Indian rosewood (10.00).
    Still waiting on it, but super excited!

rlmcritters1 and Leotis like this.
  14. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo

Man, I'm sure you'll like it.

After a few orders and swaps, I found my perfect neck !

the dark sailor likes this.
  15. nutball73

I haven't used a Northwest neck, but I've had other parts from them OK. They are a bit pricey though.

If you can find an Allparts neck with the spec you want (some sellers have them new on ebay) I can vouch for the quality. Mighty Mite are cheaper, but need more finishing - they are fretted by not leveled and polished like the Allparts necks.

16. Rich b in tempe

Rich b in tempe Strat-Talker

8156E250-1AA6-4A51-AE92-7BE4B00B0606.jpeg E3A8EF0C-5804-4D0E-A310-EFC308771020.jpeg Listen, I’ve tried & used everybody’s necks, Specialy with stainless steel frets, check out SOUND GUITAR WORKS,they’ve been around & sold me 2 SLAMIN maple necks with Pau Ferro fretboards ( same rosewood fender uses for their SRV GUITARS),& S.S JUMBO FRETS!! Killer necks

17. Rich b in tempe

Rich b in tempe Strat-Talker

All parts necks are most certainly NOT LEVELED-CROWNED-POLISHED!

nadzab likes this.
  18. EAllen

EAllen Strat-Talker

Don't count on any purchased neck adequately being leveled and crowned for a top setup unless they specifically state it, even from the most reputable big money maker. The closest they get if not stated is the precision of the CNC cutting the neck, board, and slots so the frets end up more consistent height when pressed in than a hand made neck.

Eric

nadzab likes this.
  19. R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle Strat-Talker

I wanna try Musikraft, but they don't finish their necks anymore. Which would be an added cost for me to send it somewhere. Hmm

20. the dark sailor

the dark sailor Senior Stratmaster

Are you sure? From what I seen, they have an option when selecting from the custom menu to put a finish on both the fretboard and neck.
    I remember either a lacquer or oil rub for a selection for the neck. At an additional cost though. I choose raw(no finish). I'm going to be doing that.
    Screenshot_20190604-164318.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.