Returning to the workplace?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Chont, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Stonetone

Stonetone Most Honored Senior Member

Not at the drop of a hat but gradually over time it wouldn't be that hard, considering they can pay someone in bangladesh 2$ an hour with no benefits , training over a one year period then make the transition, the corporate rampant greedy capitalists would be laughing all the way to the bank :eek:

CB91710 and Chont like this.
  2. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

Return to workplace?

1081l2F7uGjkK4.gif

Chont and Stonetone like this.
  3. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Fair enough. I can see that. I just don't see it happening in my company because it's so specialized. They're just not going to have producers working a control room in Bangladesh or have angry producers call for support in Bangladesh when they're trying to make it for air. I've called computer support in the past that appeared to be setup that way... I think it was for a Sony Vaio computer back in 2001. It was not fun at all LOL. To be honest I'd pay money to see a producer trying to make air have to call one of those lines

Stonetone likes this.
  4. Stonetone

Stonetone Most Honored Senior Member

ahh yes of course it industry specific it may not be feasible in your industry, but many can be done in Bangladesh with someone who can barely speak english, and like you and most we have al run into dealing with this, here in Canada our IP and cable company Bell media does this to great extent, try getting customer or tech support lol i had to tell an agent once, English MOFU do you speak it :)

Chont likes this.
  5. Chont

I did get a call from a guy who was back in the building for the first time since the lockdown. He called for help because his edit system blue screened. It was interesting chatting with him because he was giving me his location on the floor and I could not even remember where that was. We both got a chuckle out of that. He told me everything in the room was exactly how he had left it like it had been abandoned... which it had I suppose.

Cerb and Stonetone like this.
  6. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Man

I've not detoured from my normal routine since these "trying times" we're executed.
    Thank you BS filter.

CB91710, Chont and Stormy Monday like this.
  7. Chont

My "normal routine" sucked. Other thank the mask crap... I'm livin' the life now LOL

Bodean likes this.
  8. Morf2540

Morf2540 Senior Stratmaster

Seems like every company is handling it a little different, and nobody really knows what to do. For now my company is in a transition phase where everyone is "encouraged" to come back to the office. There is no consensus, even among upper management, on how strong that encouragement should be. Old schoolers want to demand that everyone come back just like before. Younger people (esp those with kids) want there to be more flexibility. Competing companies are all over the board. Some are fully back to the office, some still mostly remote. Strange time. We'll see what happens. Personally I am on the fence. I have enjoyed all the perks of working from home, but am ready for the stimulation of the office. For the summer, I plan to come and go at will. But that won;t be tolerated forever.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Chont likes this.
  9. Morf2540

Morf2540 Senior Stratmaster

Odd. I wonder if since people didn't necessarily need their car every day, that gave them more opportunity to bring them in for service?

10. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Strat-O-Master Gold Supporting Member

I've been back at work onsite since May of last year. I have no sympathy.

CB91710 likes this.
  11. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General

My company has made it permanent. We can choose each day if we want to come in or work from home. Many of our account executives are working from their beach houses this summer but will probably return to the office when school goes in late summer. Of course at my work if they miss a sales goal one month they are put on warning, miss it again the next month written termination warning and if you miss your goal a third month no more job so we don’t have folks who slack off really.

CB91710 and Chont like this.
  12. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Man

Yeah, that commute would suck.

13. Chont

My neighbor said the bus company now requires a reservation in advance every day. He never knows what time he can leave so its a pain in the ass for him. I have pretty regular hours but still. I don't mind returning to the building but the commute... LOL ugh the commute. That really aged me.

14. bam-boozle

bam-boozle Strat-Talk Member

Delivering for FedEx, there was never an off day

CB91710, Chont and FuncleManson like this.
  15. Chont

you were probably busier than a lot of folks. People were bored and ordering stuff from amazon... I know we did LOL

I got more gear this past year than any other year, my wife has a collection of Walking Dead figures that was an impulse buy LOL, and all SORTS of other crap we didn't need. We got to know the UPS guy very well.

16. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

The company laid 2 of the 8 techs off and 1 apprentice. That had something to do with it but we were booking 40 appointments a day pre covid then it went to 55 or 60 appointments. It’s sad to say but it’s the most money I made year to date.

Chont likes this.