Join Strat-Talk Today

Reverb Pedal Recommandations

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by guitarguy1964, Jul 11, 2019.

1. guitarguy1964

guitarguy1964 Strat-Talk Member

A little while back I decided I would like to have a Digital Reverb pedal for the amps I have that don't have Reverb as well as my Mesa Mark 5 35 as I'm not crazy about the reverb on that amp.

After thinking about it the practical side of me thought it might be cool to go with the Boss Ms-3 since a digital reverb pedal would cost right around $200.00, give or take and the Boss which does a lot more and could potentially simplify my rig will be around $500.00 (with all the accessories I need to get it going. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on it though. I just keep thinking my rig sounds great and really is only missing some reverb. So I think I'm going back to my original plan.

Because of space restraints I think i want to combine reverb and delay into one pedal. For delay really all I use is a 40-60ms delay with no repeats so nothing fancy there. For Reverb I would like a convincing spring reverb sound. I am a gigging guitarist and this is for my live rig with both clean and dirty sounds.

The more I think about it a reverb only pedal would be fine too

I have read and listened to demos so far the Keeley Caverns V2 and Wampler Ethereal are at the top of my list for delay / Reverb pedals, probably the Boss RV-6 or MXR M300 for reverb only. Any suggestions?

2. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

Earthquaker dispatch master?

3. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I use a BOSS FRV-1 Fender Reverb if not using the DRRi

4. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Go Digitech Polaris.

The Lexicon Algorythms are no joke.

5. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist Strat-Talk Supporter

If I was to go for a new reverb pedal today without busting the bank I would probably go for a TC Hall Of Fame 2.

I'm not too crazy about the T-Rex Tonebug pedal I own now but it's good enough for what I do.

If money wasn't an issue I would have loved a Strymon Flint or a Spaceman Orion.

6. ajb1965

ajb1965 Old Enough to Know Better Strat-Talk Supporter

Add the TC Electronic HoF to that list and then just decide which one suits you best. You've already got excellent choices on your list and any one of those would make you happy

dbolt, Silvercrow and DaveTone like this.
  7. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Most Honored Senior Member

Source Audio True Spring. Plus you get a Tremolo with it too.

8. DaveTone

DaveTone Strat-O-Master

tc electronics - Hall of Fame 2

/done

dbolt likes this.
  9. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

I'll "third" the TC HOF v2. Just bought mine from a brother here on S-T. VERY impressive, realistic / warm sounding and the "expression function" which I didn't think I'd use, is under exploration with very good results!

I was looking at the Source Audio reverb / tremolo combo, too- VERY impressive, IMO. But as I have a GREAT sounding trem pedal (Monster Effects Swamp Thang) I went with the HOF. Small footprint, big tone, lots of options.

BEST wishes in whatever you decide. All great suggestions so for...

Brian

dbolt likes this.
  10. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

11. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Most Honored Senior Member

Wow there is a lot of love for the HOF. I have owned that pedal 3 times and always sold/returned it. The hall and room reverbs were alright but to my ears the spring reverb setting was bland and sounded nothing like the reverb on a DRRI or good Fender amp. Also at higher settings (for surf style reverb) it got clangy and harsh. I don't care for reverb types except spring and I really dig the Fender tanks so that is why I went with the Source Audio, the tank setting is insanely accurate when I compared it to my buddies 63 tank reverb.

12. LarsN

LarsN Strat-Talker

dbolt likes this.
  13. jaxjaxon

jaxjaxon Strat-Talker

I use a Behringer digital reverb, its only reverb not a delay, and they dont cost much[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.