Reverb Strat - No Shipping, No Answer

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by surfnturf, May 22, 2021.

1. arct

arct Strat-O-Master

When Reverb is paid the seller can ship. When the shipper says delivered the seller gets paid.

rct

Morf2540, Cyberi4n, J4ME5 and 3 others like this.
  2. LeftCoast

LeftCoast Strat-Talker

In other words, life happens. Give it another 4 business days...you're protected.

Morf2540 and surfnturf like this.
  3. LeftCoast

LeftCoast Strat-Talker

And as for payment on Reverb, your first doesn't head to your bank before confirmed delivery, then it's sent. All subsequent payments are initiated as soon as the seller adds a good tracking number. Payments hit your bank within around 3 days.

soulman969 and RadioFM74 like this.
  4. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Strat-O-Master

Some people are very bad communicators and slow to ship. They often create ablabel right away but take days to actually drop it off at the shipper. If it's the post office it could take days more for them to scan the package and/or move it to the next hub. I wouldn't necessarily believe it's a rip off the first few days.

Morf2540, soulman969 and RadioFM74 like this.
  5. 98springer

98springer Strat-Talker

I had to contact reverb about some CS69 pickups. Reverb asked me questions about what steps I already taken and, once they were satisfied that I wasn't overreacting, they attempted to contact the seller. He didn't respond to Reverb within a reasonable amount of time either and my money was refunded. It's not like somebody hunts the seller down and cuts off a toe. They just mediate to prevent any disrespect or hurt feelings. Might as well get the ball rolling. Reverb will pump the brakes if you're not being patient enough.

soulman969 and surfnturf like this.
  6. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

Wait. Remember, this is not Amazon or Saks Fifth Avenue we're talking about, hang on.

I ship out same day or next (not talking about creating a label).

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  7. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Senior Stratmaster

Hi, just to clarify my position on this. As a buyer, I am every bit as impatient as you are. The moment I pay, I want to see at least progress. These past months, with the post slowed down by COVID, I had to learn some patience! And then there are the sellers. Most are very prompt in reacting. I am one of these – I tend to reply instantly to whatever input coming from (prospective) buyers, and to ship on next business day unless there's some impediment in which case the buyer is immediately notified. I care for my ratings. But Reverb sellers are not pros, nor are they all cast in the same mould. I've had cases where I was irritated by the tardiness of my seller but still wanted that piece of kit badly. In such cases waiting, and not being too aggressive on the seller, helped. Had I given in to my impulse to flood the seller with messages, I'd have probably put the transaction in jeopardy. That's why I gave that advice. But to be 100% clear, I was not even implicitly criticizing your for being impatient ;D

As for refunds, IME you're more than covered… your payment hasn't really taken place yet. If no evidence is given of shipping, it's an easy refund case. Nor should you assume that the seller has received green light yet to ship… issues can happen.

Good luck with your buy!

8. surfnturf

surfnturf Strat-Talker

Thanks for all the input, great advice all the way around. The more I look at this listing, the more it looks fishy to me. The guy has 2 feedbacks, 1 from 2019 for a buy - but there's no link to what he bought - and one for a sell -- that links to someone else's item! And his profile says he joined 2021, so how does he have feedback from 2019?

So apparently you're able to hack the review section? For me the bigger question is why would someone go to all that trouble for basically nothing? Do people actually think they're going to get away with a dumb scam like this? That they're going to get money for a fake listing and not sending any merchandise? Lol, okay good luck with that. You're smart enough to hack a review section, but too dumb to realize you're not going to get anything out if it but a big waste of your time? I just don't understand the mentality. Seems like a total waste of time to me, but I guess there are people out there with nothing better to do.

I'll see what reverb says tomorrow and post an update. It is still possible that the guy is just slow/poor communicator, but that's not the feeling I'm getting now. Thanks again for the comments!

soulman969 and RadioFM74 like this.
  9. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

This is true of sellers with little or no previous sales history. In those instances Reverb has always held the sales proceeds until an item has been received and accepted.

Once you've earned something like a Preferred Sellers badge the funds will generally be available as soon as tracking is added to the order and the shipper has received it.

RadioFM74 likes this.
  10. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

Consult the news and you'll find a whole lot of people spending millions on sales pitches and promises that are never delivered on so yes, there are millions of dumb incredibly gullible people.

runningonempty and RadioFM74 like this.
  11. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Senior Stratmaster

Oh, wow, that does not look very good indeed. I swap camp and say you should contact Reverb tomorrow.

12. Philo426

Philo426 Senior Stratmaster

Yes instant communication is a must for me.

runningonempty and surfnturf like this.
  13. Stephen James

Stephen James Strat-Talker Vendor Member

Who is the seller? Or a link to the ad? Might help others help with the problem..

EDIT: Changed to be more within forum guidelines..

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  14. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Silver Member

Yes, sounds like a seller we all want to steer clear of.

Stephen James likes this.
  15. lbpesq

lbpesq Strat-O-Master

I have a reverb store. Reverb doesn’t release the money to the seller until the guitar actually ships.

Bill, tgo

16. davidd47

davidd47 Strat-Talker

Yeah you are covered from multiple angles, your CC, Paypal if used and Reverb likes to side with the buyer almost always.

I have had people deliberately damage a guitar just so they could return it after GAS. Did not fight it, just a lesson learned.

I have also had people beg me to cancel a sale on my end after their wife found out. Did it no questions asked.

So good luck your gonna win any dispute.

People are either extra talkative on Reverb or it's crickets so wait and then take action.

17. stratfanGB

stratfanGB Strat-Talker

Don't know about Reverb but eBay is the worst. My last buy from somebody on eBay left me hanging for a little over a week with no return messages or tracking information. Nothing. I thought for sure I'd been scammed. I know the feeling!

18. surfnturf

surfnturf Strat-Talker

UPDATE: Drama over

Wonder if he's on the forums :D

19. runningonempty

runningonempty Strat-Talker

crap like this is why i favor the “come to my house and hand me cash, all sales final” transactions

20. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Silver Member

^^^This should have been at the top of the seller's ad copy.