Reverb

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by OttoG, May 27, 2021.

1. OttoG

OttoG Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Always liked spacey reverbs, Meris, Matthews and Hungry Robot.

You guys go Delay into Reverb or Reverb into Delay? Some days ago I switched into Reverb into Delay and it is a whole different sound.

So I stumble against a problem. All of my revs are spacey. So I’m thinking of going with an MXR M300. Simple, good sound and versatile. Just letting you know.

Be well Gentlemen!

2. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

My amps all have built in reverb, and it’s always on. If I had a pedal it would probably be the last thing in the chain. I have a Boss DD200 with dual and tape delay modes which I us a lot. And I also have an EHX Memory Toy wihich is analogue delay.

My chain in the FX loop is Klon, Boss DD200, Boss MD 200, EHX Memory Toy, MXR Phase 90, and Boss PS6 harmonizer. So in effect, the reverb is the last thing the signal gets before the speaker. It’s always on at about 9 O’clock. So for me it would be delay into reverb.

The-Kid, Groovey, Caddy and 2 others like this.
  3. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

I have an amp without reverb so I run a delay and reverb pedal into the effects loop between the preamp and phase invertor so it doesn't get all bent out of shape. I run delay into reverb because I think it gives better control. I'll have to reverse that and see how it sounds.

I've got a reverb pedal I built from a Madbean design called a Ping reverb. It uses an Accutronics Belton digital reverb module instead of a tank. If I use very little depth it sounds pretty true to the classic reverb sounds.

Bladesg and cranky like this.
  4. cranky

cranky Senior Stratmaster

I actually have two delays and two reverbs, plus the built-in reverb on the amps.

Normally I just have delay-delay-reverb-reverb (the last reverb also has a delay mode).

Now you've got me wanting to experiment. I'm going to try switching the sets and staggering them to reverb-delay-reverb-delay.

I'll report back!

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  5. Jason D

Jason D Senior Stratmaster

What’s all of you preferred reverb and delay pedals. I’m on the hunt for a delay. I’ve been looking at the boss DD-8 HARD.

6. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Most Honored Senior Member

I run a SurfyBear reverb. Its one of the original kits designed to be put into a large box ( which was not included) like the old Fender outboard units. Best reverb I have ever used.
    The product line has now changed to complete products and no kits, It was a hoot to build Pretty neat.
    I also like to run a delay in too the reverb but do not if playing Surf.

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  7. Voxman

Voxman Strat-Talker

I run delay into reverb. Sounds more articulate that way for me as sometimes I use a good amount of distortion or fuzz.

8. cranky

cranky Senior Stratmaster

I don't have nearly enough experience to have a preferred delay pedal. But I like both my $28 Behringer and my expensive MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe. The latter I definitely like better, for sure, but there's definitely been a learning curve to it whereas the Behringer is very simple.

9. bbarott

bbarott Most Honored Senior Member

Delay into reverb here. Actually have two delay pedals, an aqua-puss and a carbon copy. My reverb is ordinarily a '63 reissue outboard tank, or the onboard tank in my DRRI when I'm feeling too lazy to hook up the big boy.

I have modded my outboard unit, got rid of the come-with Accutronics pan and replaced it with a MOD pan. Not as harsh, which means I can now run reverb to 11.

10. nederemer

nederemer Senior Stratmaster

Watch this video.

You're going to love it.

11. Bladesg

Bladesg Funk Meister Silver Member

Eventide H9 Max -> Strymon DIG -> Strymon Flint

12. OttoG

Meris Polymoon, Hungry Robot Moby2, Matthews Effects Cosmonaut, Gurus Echosex v2 and EQD Dispatch Master. Those are Delays.

Meris Mercury7, Matthews Effects Astronomer, Hungry Robot the Wash and Stargazer.

13. T Bone Slort

T Bone Slort "Was you ever bit by a dead bee?" Silver Member

I use a Boss Tera Echo which is always on into a TC Electronic Flashback 2 into a TC Electronic Hall Of Fame 2

cranky likes this.
  14. MartinC

MartinC Strat-Talker

Bargain? Boss DD-20 used. Bullet proof and more versatile than the basic stomp box DDs.

15. OttoG

I know sounds are very relative to each of our own, but I didnt quite get the hype with the Carbon Copy. Ok, delay time 600ms is not quite my time. Also the repetitions were barely noticeable. Did like the modulation though.

16. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Most Honored Senior Member

I currently run my delay into reverb.
    MXR 169 Carbon Copy into MXR 300 Reverb.

I don’t have repetition issues with my CC.

17. RL21980

RL21980 Strat-O-Master

reverb in the FX loop. Delay on the board 1st. I don't really know which one is considered "in front of the other" in my set up but thats how it sound best.

18. Jason D

I’m not terribly concerned about a bargain, but I do want some versatility and reliability. Obviously I would prefer to pay as little as possible, ya know.

19. Jason D

What’s your overall opinion of the DD200? I am looking at the DD8. Is the 200 worth the extra scratch in your opinion?

20. stormsedge

stormsedge Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

I generally use the reverb in my amp (if it has it)...otherwise, I have a reverb pedal at the end of both my boards. Delay, then reverb.

Wampler Reflection
    Caline Drifter Seven Delays
    Danelectro Spring King