Reverend Double Agent OG

FFGreen

Strat-Talker
Sep 6, 2009
Southern CA
To temporarily satisfy my GAS I am looking at the Reverend Double Agent OG. Has anyone had any experience with the Double Agent or Reverend Guitars in general, thoughts?

guitarface

Most Honored Senior Member
Nov 11, 2012
New Jersey
To temporarily satisfy my GAS I am looking at the Reverend Double Agent OG. Has anyone had any experience with the Double Agent or Reverend Guitars in general, thoughts?

I played one unplugged for five minutes in guitar center yesterday. Solid feeling, nice neck and super cool looking. For what it’s worth.

bsman

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 4, 2014
Storage B
No experience with that specific model, but I have had two Reverends (a Manta Ray Jr. and a Contender 290 I still have - see below). The compnents are first-rate and the build quality is fantastic. Frets are smooth and polished, and set up ready to play. The bass contour allows you to cover way more sonic ground than on most other guitars.

full

jvin248

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 10, 2014
Michigan

Not owned yet but tried them out at local gear shows. On my short list.
Solid builds and timeless designs that are enough different than others that you are not seen as 'playing yet another boring copy of xyz'.

You'll find the Reverend you choose will not be 'temporary', you'll keep it for a long while. So make sure you have the space.

The bass contour circuit is very useful.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief

Not owned yet but tried them out at local gear shows. On my short list.
Solid builds and timeless designs that are enough different than others that you are not seen as 'playing yet another boring copy of xyz'.

You'll find the Reverend you choose will not be 'temporary', you'll keep it for a long while. So make sure you have the space.

The bass contour circuit is very useful.

Can you elaborate on that circuit? Is i similar to the PTB circuit G&L uses?

Kerry Brown

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 5, 2014
BC, Canada
I acquired a Reverend Airwave 12 in a trade a couple of years ago. It is still here. The build quality is excellent. I don’t know how the bass contour works but it is very useful. I’ve owned several acoustic and electric 12 strings. The Airwave is easily the best out of those I’ve owned. The P90s with the bass contour and the other controls offer endless different tones. My only complaint is there is such a range of tones I often spend too much time experimenting instead of playing.

WelhavenT

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 24, 2017
Norway
Got my first Reverend 1,5 month ago, and I’m very impressed. So much that I’m now awaiting my second one in a month.