RHCP touring with Frusciante!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by GhostJam47, Sep 24, 2021.

1. GhostJam47

GhostJam47 Strat-Talker

Now is the time to check the RCHP live off the bucket list. Frusciante is back

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. velvet_man

velvet_man Senior Stratmaster

I was thinking the exact same thing. Can't believe I never got a chance to see them live before.

3. GhostJam47

GhostJam47 Strat-Talker

I passed up a chance to see STP like 10 years ago, when they were down the street from my house bc I would have had to go solo. Been kicking myself since.

Not a massive RHCP fan, but I dig them. Frusciante has always been the draw for me, so now's the chance.

4. Supa Necta

Supa Necta Strat-Talker

I’ve seen them 3 times but only once with him. Lucked out and saw STP a few times toward the end.

RL21980 and GhostJam47 like this.
  5. Agtronic

Agtronic Senior Stratmaster

Huge fan of the blood sugar album, really solid work, never cared much for what came after it.

But I would absolutely love to see them live, especially with this line up. I wonder if they still have that energy.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

I got to see them right before Frusciante left last time. Stadium Arcadium tour. They were good of course. Any combination of Flea and Chad Smith is gonna be good, especially with frusciante. But dang, Kiedis looked like Sonny Bono on meth last time I saw him. If they came to my city (not likely) I’d see them again.

Don’t think I’d drive hours for it, since I haven’t liked anything since the SA album, and that was a long time ago now.

7. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Silver Member

Lol

nickmsmith likes this.
  8. Blue Beagle

Blue Beagle Senior Stratmaster

Can’t wait

9. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Not sure I'm quite as excited as those fellas(?), but that is some interesting news...one I haven't seen yet.

10. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Some of the best shows I've ever seen were solo. When it's announced everyone says yeah....let's go..but when the time comes to go, (or pay for the tickets you bought based on their initial reaction) there's always something....

So I took to just calling about an hour before I was leaving and saying...you going? Got the rare yes, but mostly I just got, "man I wish I'd gone" when I told them about the show later. Not sure why people can't get off the dime, but I resolved to never let that make me miss out.

11. gotzz

gotzz Strat-Talker

More than half of my life was about rhcp and especially Frusciante.. For me he was and always will be the greatest and I've been into his solo work since 2000. Sounds like **** when I read what I wrote, but it is what it is :D
    Seen them three times live, not gonna miss this tour for sure.
    I wonder what the new album will be like.

12. Sureshot33

Sureshot33 Strat-Talker

I'll
    Im the guy to call. Lol. I've seen some great acts on hours notice because people bailed on friends. I went to a B.B. King concert on about 15min notice and seats were right up front.
    "Allllllways say yes"

Baelzebub likes this.
  13. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Snooze ya lose applies!

Sureshot33 likes this.
  14. Ferpie

Ferpie Senior Stratmaster

Yep, seeing RHCP without Frusciante is like saying you saw Pink Floyd when you went to see The Wall Live.

Im definetly going to find myself a seat

15. RL21980

RL21980 Senior Stratmaster

Sign me up.

16. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

I haven't cared for RHCP since Blood Sugar. That album was SOLID! I like Frusciante too. Some of their stuff after that was ok but admit I haven't listened to a whole album so maybe there are some gems. Me and my buds wore out the Mother's Milk album trying to learn how to ollie on our skate boards.

I may have to go and if I need to, based on the above comments, I'll go solo!

17. systolsys

systolsys Strat-O-Master

I've seen them live twice at Festivals. Was underwhelmed. I think they'd work much better in their own gig, preferably in a smaller venue... with people who are there to do more than just wave their mobile phones at "Under the bridge".

18. spazzz

spazzz Strat-Talk Member

Hillel Slovak and Jack Irons were pretty solid.

I wish I could remember who was doing what the 5 times I saw them but I remember the skinny 18 year old dude that could wail on that Strat.