Join Strat-Talk Today

Ridiculous inconsistent Fender Vintera pricing

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by sonny wolf, Sep 11, 2019.

1. sadmoodyfrazier

sadmoodyfrazier Strat-O-Master

Well... It's true. Let's pretend that I have money in my hands to buy a Fender. There isn't a guitar that it's not a CS that I would buy. I don't want a 50's mex in "hospital green or blue". I don't want an American Original without 7.25" fretboard. The only one that would be decent is the Vintera 60's in sunburst. There is not 70's in Olympic anymore. Come on... guys @ Fender are stupid or what? At this point i would go for a partscaster and I would make a 50's ash 2TS like the Stratocaster IS. There is no reason to not make a 50's Strat in 2TS. Well there is one: you have to spend MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE to have one.

2. Blackmore Fan

Blackmore Fan Senior Stratmaster

That's on you. There's a dozen (at least) I'd buy, and keep in mind that I won't buy one that has vintage frets or ceramic pickups. All of the MIA Strat options are all fine guitars. The MIM Player is a far better guitar than the Standard it replaced. The Vintera modified models (50s and 60s) would both meet my needs. The Jimmie Vaughan signature is still a great guitar. Ditto for the Robert Cray signature. Both the Vaughan and Cray signature models are under $1,000. The Classic Vibe Squier's get rave reviews (I played a CV 50s that I still kick myself for not buying). And the Eric Johnson signature model costs less than a CS Strat and is well praised. If there's not a Fender you'd buy other than a CS, you haven't been paying attention to Fender.

Sarnodude, Neil.C and 3bolt79 like this.
  3. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

I want a brown Vintera Tele Deluxe, but I think I’m done buying guitars for this year. I joined the forum about a year ago, when I had just got my 79 strat. And before I got that strat I only had classical guitars and my dream guitar, a Brian May replica, built by a guy in Tennessee. However in the last year, I’ve bought at least 10 electric guitars, of which four were keepers for me, and two I gave to my son, and two I gave to my grandkids. And I sent back a couple that I didn’t like.

I like the vintage size frets on the Vintera guitars, and I like the 7.25 radius. I love my Vintera 70’s strat, and I wouldn’t want a “Modified” version. I think Fender has these priced fairly. I can afford to get a new one every year. Buying an original 70’s strat that isn’t beat to hell, and all original with its case is quite expensive and it ain’t gonna happen very often, if ever again.

4. sadmoodyfrazier

sadmoodyfrazier Strat-O-Master

So you have payed more attention to Fender than me. You are so good. Keep going.

5. lonegroover

lonegroover Senior Stratmaster

I think that's fair enough, because they'll sell less Jazzmasters, by a long way. Therefore if they were priced the same there'd be substantially less total incoming cash to pay for the model-specific design / tooling / advertising costs etc.

6. bbigd0

bbigd0 Strat-Talk Member

I had a beautiful Tele once with thee S1 switching & can see why it would be a bit more. $100 bucks difference is not that much. They will probably sell considerably less of the S1 guitars.
    Personally, I really dug the sound of the S1 switch. Might as well of called it the Fat switch. Would probably sound great on a Strat.

7. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

As I get older I find that overthinking or worrying about stuff like this really doesn't matter. They cost what they cost and I'll either buy it or I won't.

If Fender is satisfied with sales then they're happy . If not, they'll adjust. All that is out of my hands and not worth the mental gymnastics

hexnut likes this.
  8. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member

Exactly.

It's funny when you find that Martin-Logan speakers are cheaper in the Netherlands than they are in the States (yet they are made in the States)

Or that Canon lenses are cheaper in the States than they are in Japan (where they are made).

Manufacturers simply price things to match the target market

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.