Join Strat-Talk Today

Right Price for 2004 American Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by adrice727, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Wrighty

Wrighty Most Honored Senior Member

Mine hasn’t, but then it was bought in 2004, which doesn’t mean it was made in 2004. I’ve never taken it apart to check date stamps etc.

garyhoos1 likes this.
  2. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Strat-Talk Supporter

The mystery of the strat deepens lol

So many questions about our strats whatever the year.

3. adrice727

adrice727 New Member!

I went back to a GC to play a Performer Series and a Player Series (MIM) tonight. The Performer definitely felt better and the difference in the hardware quality is apparent. The guitar just has a much nicer feel. But, it sounded a little anemic and just couldn't get the same amount of clarity out of it as I did the Player. I guess the Yosemite pickups aren't for me. So, I'm thinking that I might just take a chance on the open-box American Special which will be around $915 with tax. I've had Texas Specials before, so I'll know I'll be happy (enough) with them.

3bolt79 likes this.
  4. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

A3E2B24C-9D0F-4D3F-9652-00488CBC30CC.jpeg
    I almost got a blemished one, but the guy had a coupon that he applied and then they screwed up and made an irreversible charge on my credit card, and so they dropped in another hundred bucks or so. I may still, at some point, get a Performer in Penny finish.

The frets on these guitars are so big. I was able to play some Yngwie on it, without toichimg the board. Here’s a pic of mine.

5. adrice727

adrice727 New Member!

American Special is on the way. It's the Sonic Blue with Rosewood fretboard. It'll be here by the end of the week.

6. adrice727

adrice727 New Member!

Guitar arrived today. It's desperately in need of a set up because there's a lot of string buzz. It looked new out of the box . . .

IMG_0216.jpg

but there are a couple minor cosmetic things. First is a small crack in the finish near the base of the neck:

crack.jpg

The other which is even more minor is that they didn't do a great job with the finish on the headstock and there a small white circle:

IMG_0217.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.