RIP @heltershelton

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_in_cali

Scream for me Strat-Talk!
Silver Member
Feb 21, 2014
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
FWIW, I think Kelly would be super proud of how the forum is putting aside a lot of the petty/daily bickering that usually goes on here, over just about any topic you can think of, and has come together as a community. As many of you know, he would often be the first one that would try to "shake something shiny" to distract some in-fighting going on. Kinda fitting in a way.

Bodean

Just A Simple Man
Aug 23, 2014
South Carolina
FWIW, I think Kelly would be super proud of how the forum is putting aside a lot of the petty/daily bickering that usually goes on here, over just about any topic you can think of, and has come together as a community. As many of you know, he would often be the first one that would try to "shake something shiny" to distract some in-fighting going on. Kinda fitting in a way.
There will never be another one like him.
He was real. A straight shooter.

dublindave8456

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 22, 2019
dublin, ireland
oh man............
only seeing this tonight ...........
shattered...........
only knew the man through Strat Talk
we had banter along the way, always read his stuff,
cause it was gonna be funny, sarcastic, rude and true,
( from his point of view..)
so sorry to all who knew him well.
and his family...
Strat Talk will never be the same my friend...
RIP

Dave Sweny

Guy Named Sue

Censored
Feb 11, 2015
Terra Incognita
The dude was a dude amongst dudes. A stand up guy, a real character and a funny bastard. He made you feel like you were his old pal even though you never met him and you lived miles away.

I got the message this morning by a fellow member here. I was on my way to work and I froze still. I don't think I have managed to process it still.

There's no one like him. And no words can describe him, had to be experienced.

Rest in peace brother

bluejazzoid

Strats Amore
Silver Member
Aug 14, 2009
Southeast USA
I keep coming back to this thread and it got me thinking
I'm really sad he's gone
But Don't rest in peace
RAISE HELL !!!
Man, that reminded me of the pickups @Bodean wound for Kelly -- his infamous "Made In Hell" pickups!

1649187168320.png

More here:

and here:

ZlurkCorzDog

INMATE #7XX7XX7
Jan 20, 2012
THE PHANTOM ZONE
That’s another thing I guess I share with you guys… he made being a veteran a big deal. I mean it is a big deal but normally we don’t make a big deal out of it. For me it’s something I did as a kid almost 50 years ago. Funny how he said Air Force people are good people….

On another note I was up until the wee hours watching his YouTube channel…. 😢
I believe if not for that dogged health condition he had since childhood he would have been a career man & made one helluva warrior. 🇺🇸

Last edited by a moderator:

Bodean

Just A Simple Man
Aug 23, 2014
South Carolina
Man, that reminded me of the pickups @Bodean wound for Kelly -- his infamous "Made In Hell" pickups!

View attachment 554606

More here:

and here:
Made just for him. Because of him.

Docjeffry

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 5, 2022
Norman, OK.
All, I found this forum, actually family, based on a post in Kelly's obituary. My name is John Ford and I went to high school with Kelly Shelton. We were in auto mechanics class together. I want to share with you our Eisenhower High School "Eagles to Angles" tribute page to our fallen class mates. In this case, class of 1987. Kelly Shelton. I have many memories to share but I have not talked to Kelly in 15, or so years. Having found this thread, I am very happy to so how loved @heltershelton was. It also makes me sad. For those of you that were wanting to reach out to his family, I am not in contact but there are those in that Eagles thread who are. Leonard Head, and Troy Roach Campain. Please feel free to reach out to them as I am sure they will not mind. I want to share a lot and I will, but for now I have this. Kelly was a wild Mother F*cker! He lived life just as he should have because he knew from a young age he was at risk. Everything he go into, he pushed himself to excel and be the best he could be at whatever it was he was into at the time. I really enjoyed reading everyone's tribute to @heltershelton. I wish I knew him as well as many of you did.

Unrelated, but not really, I began playing guitar again one year ago Spring Break. It just seemed like the thing to do at the time. I own two MIM Strats. One is a modified Noventa (Daphne Blue), the other an Albert Hammond Jr. signature Strat. Both are pretty nice instruments. I will join you as a member in this forum but the reason I joined was because of @heltershelton. It is a shame I can't share any of this with him.

Thank you @tubedude for posting on Kelly's memorial. That is how I found this place.

To be continued.

Last edited by a moderator:

BTAudio

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 4, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
All, I found this forum, actually family, based on a post in Kelly's obituary. My name is John Ford and I went to high school with Kelly Shelton. We were in auto mechanics class together. I want to share with you our Eisenhower High School "Eagles to Angles" tribute page to our fallen class mates. In this case, class of 1987. Kelly Shelton. I have many memories to share but I have not talked to Kelly in 15, or so years. Having found this thread, I am very happy to so how loved @heltershelton was. It also makes me sad. For those of you that were wanting to reach out to his family, I am not in contact but there are those in that Eagles thread who are. Leonard Head, and Troy Roach Campain. Please feel free to reach out to them as I am sure they will not mind. I want to share a lot and I will, but for now I have this. Kelly was a wild Mother F*cker! He lived life just as he should have because he knew from a young age he was at risk. His first heart surgery was when he was in 5th grade. Everything he go into, he pushed himself to excel and be the best he could be at whatever it was he was into at the time. I really enjoyed reading everyone's tribute to @heltershelton. I wish I knew him as well as many of you did.

Unrelated, but not really, I began playing guitar again one year ago Spring Break. It just seemed like the thing to do at the time. I own two MIM Strats. One is a modified Noventa (Daphne Blue), the other an Albert Hammond Jr. signature Strat. Both are pretty nice instruments. I will join you as a member in this forum but the reason I joined was because of @heltershelton. It is a shame I can't share any of this with him.

Thank you @tubedude for posting on Kelly's memorial. That is how I found this place.

To be continued.
Cool to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.