Rock and Roll girls!

Alex Wong

Strat-Talker
Oct 21, 2008
Midlands, England
Love it. A bit Lou Reed/Velvet Underground (that's a compliment, although Aly doesn't sound like Lou Reed of course!) and the sparse sound really suits the song and gives it a certain charm. Thanks for posting.

anfontan

Strat-O-Master
Oct 13, 2008
Southern Illinois
Nice little tune there Robin & Aly, Rock & Roll girls-it sounds good. You might add some reverb to the vocal and the drum track though, because everything is really up front and needs a bit of space-it'll sound more like a full band performing and give it more atmosphere.
What are you recording on, a computer, a digital workstation, or to analog tape?
Just a suggestion off the top of my head-and my 2 cents worth..

robinr

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 12, 2009
Michigan
Love it. A bit Lou Reed/Velvet Underground (that's a compliment, although Aly doesn't sound like Lou Reed of course!) and the sparse sound really suits the song and gives it a certain charm. Thanks for posting.

Thanks, Alex! :D

Nice little tune there Robin & Aly, Rock & Roll girls-it sounds good. You might add some reverb to the vocal and the drum track though, because everything is really up front and needs a bit of space-it'll sound more like a full band performing and give it more atmosphere.
What are you recording on, a computer, a digital workstation, or to analog tape?
Just a suggestion off the top of my head-and my 2 cents worth..

We use Traction by Mackie on the computer. She does have just a hint of reverb on her vocals but when we convert it to MP3 it seems to get lost some how. So we either have to much or not enough. :confused: Anyway, thanks for the advice anfontan. ;)