SBD.......

Discussion in 'Ace's BASS Place' started by soulman969, Sep 15, 2020.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

I don't recall that I've ever seen anyone post a thread about a bass they just sold. So this was a sold bass day for me.

With some regret I parted with my G&L L2500 primarily because I no longer have a use for a five string and it was too good a bass not to put it in the hands of someone who always plays a five string. They're are incredibly versatile basses and one of Leo's last bass designs.

Sold on CL within 10 days for my asking price because it truly was in like new condition with a new set of GHS Pressurewound strings. Gave the buyer a spare set of DR Pure Blues I had because he prefers rounds but he liked the GHS strings as well. Nice guy, local band.

I've sold on Ebay and on Reverb at least 50 times but I've also had great success with local buyers on CL. They aren't all con artists and flakes. I believe that if you produce an informative professional listing and you price fairly you attract professional buyers as well.

The sale of this one will pay off the four string G&L M2000 I bought about a month ago with money to spare so all told it was a successful day all around. In fact it went so well maybe I should look around for something else to sell. Good used gear seems to be moving right now.

2. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Strat-Talker

Sorry man. I hope it will be a happy home for your baby.

soulman969 and Jesse414 like this.
  3. Jesse414

Jesse414 Senior Stratmaster

Happy new... Wait that won't work..Happy paid off G&L M2000 day... Wait you didn't pay it off yet... Hmmm.. Happyyousoldyourbassandsoonwillpayoffyourotherbassdaysoon to you! :D

soulman969 likes this.
  4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

SBD

That made my inner 8 year old chuckle...

5. soulman969

The buyer has an older kinda first generation five string '90s Fender Jazz Bass so when I ran through all of the tonal possibilities of the G&L and he played it he was like a kid opening presents on Christmas morning. He was sold on it.

That made me feel good knowing it was a great fit for a guy who'd be gigging and recording with it often instead of sitting in bass rack in my gear room most days. If something here isn't being played much I should sell it.

Overall it was kinda like the day my daughter got married. I was losing one of my babies but she had found a great husband (another musician no less) and she looked so very happy. They still are and have also given me two beautiful grand daughters to fuss over and spoil. That's a grandpa's job I believe. :D

Cali Dude and jtoomuch like this.
  6. soulman969

Ha ha, thanks Jesse. Since the M2000 was purchased on one of those 6 months 0% interest deals I'll probably payoff the balance on a credit card that's about to start charging interest this month after having had 15 months of 0% interest.

I used it to buy my Kiloton Bass and the Robt. Cray Strat last summer and whittled the balance down to where half the proceeds from selling the L2500 should wipe that out. I love using OPM for nothing but once that interest kicks in it's not so nice.

Whereabouts in Wisconsin do you call home. Although I was born and raised in Chicago we moved to Wisconsin when I was 14 to a resort lake 50 miles north of Green Bay. Then I lived in Green Bay for 12 years and Madison for 2 years before moving to Colorado in '83.

Still have a ton of family there. Two daughters and a grandson in Green Bay. My 95 year old Dad and a sister and brother-in-law in Muskego and a ton of old friends and former co-workers and former band mates in GB as well. I still bleed Badger red come football season. :D

Jesse414 likes this.
  7. soulman969

You still have your inner 8 year old? Mine has aged to 16 now and always wants to borrow my car but never bothers to pay for the gas he uses. :mad:

I guess SBD could be "Stolen Bass Day" too but that's not something someone should admit in public in writing is it? :D

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  8. SoulSurfer

SoulSurfer Strat-Talker

Got really concerned when I read this. SBD usually means "Silent-but-deadly" as in f.a.r.t.s.

Deafsoundguy and soulman969 like this.
  9. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

iu-27.gif

soulman969 and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  10. soulman969

Mine are not all that silent but when ya' live alone who cares? :D

Cali Dude likes this.
  11. Jesse414

Jesse414 Senior Stratmaster

Thats cool I'm from appleton. I used to go to a few clubs up there back in the 90s seen some cool bands and met some friendly chics. I got relatives in Longmont Colorado. :)

soulman969 likes this.
  12. soulman969

OK, other end of the Fox Valley. Great town. :)

Maybe we can grab a beer next time I'm back for a visit to Green Bay. It would already have happened or would be happening now if not for the COVID issue.

I won't drive back like I usually do and risk carrying something back with me I may pick up along the way. At age 95 the last thing my Pop needs is for me to be a virus carrier.

And since I always stay with one of my lifetime buddies and his wife in GB right now I won't put them and their families or my daughters and grandson at risk either.

Looks like my 2020 visit won't happen 'til 2021. :(

13. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

When we were kids, "SBD" referred to flatulence that was silent but deadly.

soulman969 likes this.
  14. soulman969

It took on a new meaning or maybe an alternate meaning.

We have NBD and sometimes NOBD but I never saw a SBD.

Of course maybe the flatulence deal is the reason why huh? LOL

15. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

LOL...could be

soulman969 likes this.