Schecter Omen Extreme 6 thoughts

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Tylerlayne, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Tylerlayne

Tylerlayne Strat-Talker

I am looking at this Schecter Omen Extreme 6 At Guitar Center. The price is $299. which I think is Pretty good. The guitar from what I have read has good reviews and sounds great in the video's I have watched. Wondering what folks here think about this 24 fret guitar? Most here have more guitar knowledge than I do and I respect and appreciate your opinions. The guitar center that has the Schecter is about 30 miles from me so I was going tomorrow and play it and if I like it probably buy it. Please feel free to give me your honest opinions. 65248578564__3A0FA9C5-E430-4BBF-9314-CB43499EF4EE_(1).jpg 65248581998__E0D02497-7D5D-420E-9794-CE3F5442F136_(2).jpg 65248580764__67A4BCB1-EC7D-4073-92B4-C3AB0409BB84_(1).jpg

stormsedge and Exhead like this.
  2. Tylerlayne

Tylerlayne Strat-Talker

Sorry did not mean to post this here. Should be posted under other s guitars. If a moderator can please move it for I will be greatful.

3. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Senior Stratmaster

I'm not a big Schecter fan, but if you set down with the guitar, enjoy the feel and the sound, go for it.

Tylerlayne likes this.
  4. train

train Worlds largest private army Silver Member

Iam not familiar with this model, but the ones I have handled were very good instruments . 149 for the case tho…

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Tylerlayne likes this.
  5. Tylerlayne

Tylerlayne Strat-Talker

Dang, that's almost as much as the guitar. Would have to get the case. All my guitars have cases except my couch guitar. It has the gig bag my Les Paul came in.

6. Roca81

Roca81 Strat-Talker

I have one and I am very happy with it. Paid 550 for mine new. It feels like a higher level instrument to me.

stormsedge and Tylerlayne like this.
  7. Tylerlayne

Tylerlayne Strat-Talker

Yours looks like the one I am looking at. I think its called Ocean Blue . They All have their own design. The one I am looking at looks like a underwater scene while I saw one that looked like it had waves. It was really cool looking.

Roca81 likes this.
  8. stormsedge

stormsedge Senior Stratmaster

I purchased the magenta color last Nov...$350 new SDoD. It is an excellent guitar. Great build, feels great, sounds great. Split coils add some versatility. The necks fit me really well (probably the single biggest complaint you'll hear about Schecter from some).

The Omen volume controls have the bridge on the forward pot by design...I inquired about it...fm Schecter "done on purpose bc most players are on the bridge most of the time." Takes about two seconds to get used to the idea...not an issue.

I have five different Schecters. All excellent and consistent.

I'd make an offer on guitar and case...see if you can get them to bundle it.

Happy Hunting.

Roca81, Tylerlayne and duzie like this.
  9. Boyd L

Boyd L Strat-Talker

As to your question, my personal experience playing a Schecter is limited but my youngest son had one and the fullness of sound that guitar had in his hands was surprising to me. We didn't/don't play the same genres (him=metal, me=country and fat old guy blues rock).
    I don't remember the exact model he had, but remembering it has made me decide to keep an eye open for what I believe is called a Schecter Diamond Series.
    I'd be surprised if $300 was a bad investment in that guitar.

Your approach to seeking help/guidance will carry you far in life. Good luck.

Tylerlayne and stormsedge like this.
  10. Handsome McClane

Handsome McClane Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I recently bought a Korean Omen 6 for $200 off Facebook. Pickups were muddy junk, so I popped in a pair of Golden Age Alnico 5 pickups I'd picked up for half price from Stew Mac a few years ago and never used. Replaced the pots, switch, and cap, replaced the bridge with a Gotoh, replaced the nut with a Tusq, and it's a full fledged shredder now (sans whammy). Awesome guitar that cost right around $300 after upgrades.

This is it on the right.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Boyd L, Tylerlayne and stormsedge like this.
  11. stormsedge

stormsedge Senior Stratmaster

All mine are marked that way...I think it may distinguish their regular production from custom shop models?
    F235F0F4-52D4-428F-AEB6-009BC5A57EF2.jpeg 4F9DC161-67B5-4ACC-B7B8-00D60020DF38.jpeg

Boyd L, Jmart1212 and Tylerlayne like this.
  12. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster

image.jpg Man I haven’t played this guitar for quite awhile :eek:
    It needs some love lol.
    Playing it now thanks to this thread!!!

13. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster

@Tylerlayne
    Should we be expecting a NGD post soon ?
    :D:D

Tylerlayne, Stonetone and stormsedge like this.
  14. Wrighty

Wrighty Most Honored Senior Member

Where did you get that info?

Tylerlayne likes this.
  15. train

train Worlds largest private army Silver Member

Thanks I cleaned it up . When I bought my schecter jl-7 the case cost 189 including tax so I was mearly commenting on how the manufactures always now a days ding one on the case. Thanks again

Tylerlayne likes this.
  16. Wrighty

Wrighty Most Honored Senior Member

Know what you mean

Tylerlayne likes this.
  17. Stonetone

Stonetone Most Honored Senior Member

:eek::eek::eek:

18. billy1187

billy1187 Strat-Talk Member

Ha I have a Schecter Omen or Damien 6 with EMG 81 85 I got for 299. A little goofy with gothy inlays, yours looks better, but it's my go-to standard tuning "EMG Guitar."

I'm not usually an E standard tuning guy or an EMG guy but every now and then when I need to get some Metallica or old school metal on it's there waiting for me. For $300. Sure why not

19. Jmart1212

Jmart1212 Strat-Talker

Schecters kick ass... my only gripe is the 3x3 headstocks on those models; because of that, this is my schecter . 20210905_184043.jpg

20. Tylerlayne

Tylerlayne Strat-Talker

Well I went and looked at the guitar. Looks new except where someone sweated all over it. Had like sticky sweat and body fat grease on the front and back. Same on the back of the neck. I played it for a bit but was a bit of a struggle moving up and down the neck. I cant believe they did not clean it up before they put it out for sale. It will easily wipe off. I tried to get the guy to take a little off for it being dirty and it needs a set of strings. He would not come the $299. Then I ask if he could throw in a case for $100. more. The guy was seasoned on not giving anyone any deals. I told him to let me think about it and walked about half way to my car and went back in and bought it. I guess in Florida or maybe just this guitar center puts a hold on used guitars they by from people to make sure they are not stolen. The police run the serial numbers. I can appreciate that. Actually I think its a good idea. So it will be released tomorrow so I ask if there would be a charge to send it to a guitar center closer to my house so I did not have to make the 1-1/2 hour round trip to the store. He said no charge to send to another guitar center. So after I paid for it I noticed a $21. shipping charge. Did not say anything. The total with tax and shipping was $343. I should get it on Tuesday and will clean it up and re-string it , Post some pictures and we will celebrate NGD! What are good strings for shreading?

stormsedge and Jmart1212 like this.