Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Screaming Scarlett project.

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by cappei, Dec 4, 2017.

1. cappei

cappei Strat-Talker

Jun 24, 2017
    Quillota, Valparaíso, Chile
    So, I bought this guitar for like 40 bucks. It's a 1998 Indo yamaha RGX 121 D, very tight, and fast neck. Lovely. It's goin' to be my metal guitar since it has HSH with the pickups craved in. I decided to do it myself, buyin new pots, pups, and such.

She was really beatead up. Almost 20 years left in the dark to die. Fingerboard has a lot of crap sticke in, the bridge is all rusted, so are the pickups. The pickup wraping seems to be dry and almost breakable. The neck it's fine, so are the tuners. Electronic had a little specks of dust but they look good, and she has this weird stuff sticked all over her body.

Im gonna post some pics of the process of bring her back

Brigde and sadles are all rusty

Neck full of crap

Body looks good

rusty pups

electronic looks nice

I took the idea of Vivian Leigh's Scarlett O'hara. A lil, red, and mean screaming thing

2. StratSounds

StratSounds Strat-O-Master

Sep 10, 2016
    Salt Lake City

Sorry, I'm on an Ace Ventura kick this morning after watching parts of those 90's classics while flipping channels the other day. Good luck with your Scarlett resto, she looks like a red shred machine.

3. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

May 1, 2014
    Greece
    Go all out the bling route and make the fingerboard shiny....:Dlight sand the board following the radius(dont apply much force) with 400 grit sandpaper and then spray several coats of acrylic laquer above it...yes i know its rosewood but if you do it like that, the lacquer will stick and then you can level and buff it to a nice glossy finish....