Searching for advice

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Travis2021, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Travis2021

Travis2021 Strat-Talk Member

unfortunately I came to the forum after the deal was done.... if I had done research before getting the guitar instead of trusting a “friend”, I wouldn’t have bought it....

2. Travis2021

Thanks for the encouraging words. I think that’s what I’ll do once I can afford a nice player is make this one my next project.
    I’ve been watching endless vids on guitar finishing and am already practicing on scrap wood.

3bolt79 and J4ME5 like this.
  3. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

Oh. Your initial posts make it sound like you hadn't made the purchase yet. Sorry.

4. J4ME5

J4ME5 Strat-O-Master

That's the spirit! Turn this negative into a positive!! Little did the swindler know – when conning you of your hard-earned money, that he was actually creating a future MASTER finisher, who would go on to turn the proverbial water – into a proverbial fine wine! Think of it ALL as a valuable lesson – one which you paid good money for, but – one that MANY people have paid a LOT more for... – to be honest, in a way... you got yourself a GREAT deal, for this *particularly* invaluable lesson!!! And whilst this... scoundrel – may have bagged himself an extra couple of hundred dollars, he is morally BANKRUPT, destitute – his bank balance is spiritually in the RED!!

You Sir – are the opposite, so... LOTS of positives here :thumb: !!!!

Travis2021 likes this.
  5. Travis2021

6. Wrighty

Wrighty Most Honored Senior Member

Not even the body is Fender. This bloke Mike built some sort of partcaster, which is not really a ‘custom build’ in the true meaning of the word.

Travis2021 likes this.