Seeing the Eagles tonight

Dan The Man

Strat-Talker
Aug 18, 2006
Watford - England
Off to see the Eagles tonight at the O2 arena, London. I've always liked the Eagles but never enough to pay for tickets to see them, luckily I scooped an invite from my father in law (thanks!!:D)

It should be a great show. I've heard them get criticised for sounding just like they do on the record when they play live, but surely that's a good thing isn't it? :confused:

Anyway, I think they play for about 3 hours with an interval of 20 mins half way through ( I think that's so they can relieve their bladders and have a rest!!)

Any other London based people going tonight?

abnormaltoy

Mouth draggin' knuckle breather
Apr 28, 2013
Tucson
They don't sound exaaactly the same live and in studio (not like Journey)...but, close. They are tight...enjoy.

rudos1

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 16, 2013
Boston
Saw them on the Hell Freezes Over tour and they were excellent. No Felder this time out but should still be great. Enjoy!

TheGreenHornet

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Mar 17, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
Off to see the Eagles tonight at the O2 arena, London. I've always liked the Eagles but never enough to pay for tickets to see them, luckily I scooped an invite from my father in law (thanks!!:D)

It should be a great show. I've heard them get criticised for sounding just like they do on the record when they play live, but surely that's a good thing isn't it? :confused:

Anyway, I think they play for about 3 hours with an interval of 20 mins half way through ( I think that's so they can relieve their bladders and have a rest!!)

Any other London based people going tonight?

Just do not blow any money on Alice Cooper. Love his music, but his sound engineers (if you can call them that) do not know what they are doing.

shovelmike

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 26, 2013
Missouri
Cool

Good for you, I took my wife to see them at Sprint Center in Kansas City in 2008, it was in celebration of our 35th wedding anniversary.
We had been continually enjoying their Farewell I DVD, and they sounded just great live. The only downside was that $150 per ticket put you way up there where you could not recognize them were it not for the Jumbotron.
I like to see these great old bands showing that they aren't too old to rock and roll.

Dunzie

Strat-O-Master
Aug 31, 2013
SW Ontario, CAN
They get a bit of (unfair IMHO) criticism on forums at times, but I love seeing them live. They always sound great and try to duck the 'stage statues' rep they used to have. Enjoy!!!

Dan The Man

Strat-Talker
Aug 18, 2006
Watford - England
Well in summary, they were very, very good. I would've loved to have heard some more rockier stuff (wished they'd played Get Over It!) but what they did play was awesome. They also did some slightly different version of songs, Heartache Tonight being a highlight.

Given the price of tickets I was amazed to see people leaving the arena before the encores. They came back on to play Hotel California and people were still leaving??? Surely walking out of an Eagles concert while they're in the middle of the Hotel California guitar solo is against some sort of law? After HC they played 3 more songs meaning all those people missed out on 4 songs. I can only imagine there were restrictions on the tube meaning an early last train?

Anyway, I had a great time, I think it was 30 songs over 3 hours.

anfontan

Strat-O-Master
Oct 13, 2008
Southern Illinois
I saw the Eagles back in about 1976-the first thing to amaze me was the army of guitars they had lined up on guitar stands before the band even hit the stage.
They played several of their hits and then announced they were going to play some James Gang tunes-I didn't even realize Joe Walsh had joined the band-so it was a great bonus to the show.

They then played the entire Desperado record from start to finish-one of my favorite early albums-and they played well into the night as well.

It was a magical night allright!:D

SoWhat?

Strat-O-Master
Nov 28, 2012
South Carolina
I've seen them 4 times since they reunited in 1994.

Twice with Felder and twice without.

The first time, they opened with Hotel California. It was like a religious experience!

The other 2 times were without Felder, but when I saw them last Nov, Bernie was with them, so that was a nice bonus.

Have a great time!

Stark

Still an idiot
Jul 16, 2011
Richmond Annex, CA
I saw them only once, on the Hell Freezes Over tour. I thought they were great. I don't really want to see them without Donnie Felder, though.