Self build strat project

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by jazzyvee, Jan 6, 2014.

1. jazzyvee

jazzyvee Strat-Talk Member

In the 1980's I built my own strat because I wanted a fretless guitar. Since then I have bought a fully fledged fretless guitar so am in the process of converting this older guitar to a standard fretted instrument.

I have bought some Fender Lace gold HSS pickups but can't seem to find the right size screws to fix the pickups to the pickguard. I have found screws for strats on Ebay but when I've asked the seller about their fitting lace pickups the answer has always been NO.
    Can you tell me what the thread size is for the Fender Lace pickups and/ or where I can order them including the springs. UK or Europe only.

Also I'd like to get a neck like the one on my Strat Ultra, the same profile and with an ebony fretboard that has the truss rod adjustment at the headstock end. Again I'm having problems finding one of those.
    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm only willing to purchase from the UK and Europe at a push due to the hassle of shipping and additional tax for importing outside EU.
    Jazzyvee