I had retrieved my formerly good Porter Cable 890 dual base router from storage in my neighbor's barn. All set to start cutting the pickup pockets and neck pocket. Excited that nicer weather has finally arrived and I can open my wood working shop. Not really a wood working shop but a folding work table I setup outside. A real shop is in the works. But that is another story. Well got the router back home and open the case. Not good. Not good at all. A few dozen stink bugs had taken up residence. Quickly place the cover back on the case and swiftly proceeded outside well away from the house. Opened the case a second time, got the stink bugs out of the way, and under the manual was a cantaloupe sized ball of threads. Then the smell hit me. It seems that some mice have done some home making in my router case and the plunge base. Corrosion on the spindle, collets, all over the plunge base, just a mess. A dozen bits lost. No mice though. Off to the dump this router will go. Began my reading at several wood working sites and decided that the Bosch Combo 2 1/4 HP at $199 would be a good replacement. I had the little Colt router. It was off to the store and New Router Day. That was last weekend. I had read a few comments about the 890 in regards that they refuse to die. So, donning some gloves I pulled it out of the case and plugged it in. Son of gun. The motor runs fine. The motor will go into a Jess-Em router lift. The bases were a total loss though. Today we had a short break in the rain for several hours so I was dying to get on with the rat tele build. Let's see what I have collected of the winter to put in this thing. Body - I had this chunk of spalted maple already in a rough tele form. Neck - Well not tele neck but what they heck, I have this nice 22 Fret, Bubinga strat neck. Controls - Hmmm... Fender did not make these but why not. Yes I am gonna have a confused guitar since the control electronics started life in a Gibson SG. Pickups - Ya know... I think I have the matching pickups from that SG. Oh some P90 goodness. Dragged the neck and body outside went to work getting the bridge located. I just mark the holes for the bridge now and use two of the screw holes to hold the templates in place. I transferred fret locations on the neck to the template I had bought for a tele with P90s so I would be able to mark them in a partially done neck pocket. I did marked up my strat neck template as well. Carefully measuring from the nut to the bridge in both before marking as the tele template has, of course, a straight heel. With the tele template properly located, I finally got to use the new router! Such a pleasure to have some mass in a router instead of trying to do a guitar with a palm router. Nice and smooth and well controlled. The plunge is a little stiff but I suspect in time it will not be as stiff. I got the pickup routes done. Then I partially completed the neck pocket. I did not want to route to the heel. I stopped about an inch short of the heel. When it was about a 3/8 deep on the neck, I marked the frets location in pencil on the upper wall of the pocket. Switched templates to my strat template. Lined up the fret marks, put the neck in the template and took one last measurement before committing. Everything looked aligned and in position. I finished out the neck pocket. Next, I have to do the control route. I have not decided to use rear mount controls or a control plate on the front. I am leaning towards front mount to help break up all that wood and add some interest. Too late today so maybe next weekend pending the honey do list and/or the garage/shop/office/studio (4 in 1) build. If I get a couple hours, I think I can get the control route done and then the bridge holes.