Shelter In Place Project 3 & 4

chicago slim

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 23, 2010
Bowling Green, KY
Since I have the time, I thought that I would see what I could do about the high saddle screws on my Classic Vibe. I've already replaced the tremolo with a newer Mexican model, with shorter screws on the outside saddles. It's the same as my MIM SE Standard, that doesn't have the same problem. So, I switched the tremolo's. Same problem. Once they were adjusted the CV still has higher screws and the SE is fine.

Next, I swapped the necks. Both guitars now have almost flush saddle screws, play fine and sound great. So the combination of the Classic Vibe body and neck, caused the problem in the first place. I'll leave it like this for as while, as it's like having two new guitars.

For those of you who are anally inclined, I can switch things back in about 15 minutes, with a Philp's screw driver, if I decide to sell. This is why Parts Casters rule.

Michael919

Most Honored Senior Member
Dec 22, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
I get it. It's fun to tinker and it's kinda like a couple of NGD's almost. Enjoy!

You can have more fun later by finding shorter screws and put stuff back again for another double, sort of, NGD day!

chicago slim

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 23, 2010
Bowling Green, KY
I'm finding that neck isn't just a neck, a body isn't just a body. A guitar is a sum of it's parts. The Seafoam Strat, that I was looking forward to playing, is okay. The TT Burst has turned out to be exceptional. At this point, I don't think that I will be swapping anything back. Maybe the neck is too nice to be on a MIM Standard, even if it's a pretty guitar.

Last edited:

Thrup'ny Bit

Grand Master Curmudgeon
May 21, 2010
Yorkshire
I've been bored too.

iu

Lockdown is getting very tedious.