Join Strat-Talk Today

Shipping!!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by longboard blues, Aug 13, 2019.

1. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster

The shipping ship sailed several years ago for sellers in the US. The US Postal Service raised international rates into the stratosphere and killed off a the international market for a lot of businesses. Since the late 90s my side gig has been selling fine books (fine press, limited editions) and the rate increase stopped 90% of my international trade.

You're running into the same thing when the shipping costs as much or more than the item. In some business sectors, multiple vendors can conbine items into a single shipment to a single country, but that cost savings is confined to a few sectors. Certainly not guitar parts.

It ships by air, so the weight difference between knobs and a bridge translates into higher shipping.

It's us, not you. Sorry. :oops:

2. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

Perhaps one of your Strat Talk friends could buy them Stateside and pop ‘em in the post for you?

3. longboard blues

longboard blues Strat-Talk Member

I mailed them politely to ask if there was an alternative, and got told , brusquely, they don’t ship first class mail international. Oh well. I have a brother in SC, I’m going to get them sent to him, and ask him to send it to me with a Clemson Tigers shirt!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.