Show off your Squier

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Stratosaurus, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Stratosaurus

Stratosaurus Strat-Talker

Squier guitars seem to be regarded as seconds or, "not as good". Let's end that theory once and for all. Show off your Squier(s) and list their specs if you can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Country of Origin: Mexico
    Year: 1998
    Neck: Stock
    Body: Stock alder body
    Finish: Three tone sunburst under poly
    Pickups: Mighty Mite pre-wired pickguard assembly (~$35)
    Tuners: Wilkinson EZ-Lok
    Bridge: Stock, upgrading to a Callaham upgrade kit soon.

Plays great, stays in tune forever without the trem bar (Callaham will fix that) The Mighty Mite pickups sound like a MIM Fender or better.

texred and MrYeats like this.
  2. bek

bek Strat-Talk Member

Indonesian Squier Bullet hardtail, dead stock except for the Deaf-Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch and Robert Cray's autograph. When my tech set it up he could not believe how good it sounded. It's better than the two US-made ones I had before. [​IMG]

Newstratbuilder likes this.
  3. ch0pz

ch0pz Strat-Talk Member

Heres my beast,
    2 singles coils and humbucker in bridge. all pickups stock atm but ill probably replace the humbucker soon. gold volume/tone knobs, gold tremolo arm, gold pickguard screws. this thing sounds awesome!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i got one more pic but it came out too big when i put it on here so if u wanna see go here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/ch0pz34/000_0413.jpg

theres a bit of tanbark on the guitar because of a different picture i took. didnt notice at the time :oops:

4. Stratosaurus

ch0pz: Nice. Mine was a fat strat before I slapped new pickups on it. I just wanted it to be a little more stratty.

What pickup(s) are you thinking of getting for it?

5. ch0pz

ch0pz Strat-Talk Member

umm i was thinkin maybe an EMG but im not too sure yet. will have to try some. yeah a single coil instead of that humbucker might be cool and i considered doing it coz like u said it would be more stratty but would it be a hassle to change from a hum to a single?

6. Stratosaurus

Not a hassle at all. The humbucker route allows for plenty of space for the single coil pup. Just need a new pickguard. You don't have to do any rewiring or anything to change pickguards, just enscrew the pickups and the selector switch and remove the pots. Then reassemble onto the new pickguard.

An EMG would be interesting for a Strat. I've got a Strat body laying around with a HSH route. Maybe I'll put some EMGs on it.

I was thinking maybe P90's with high action for slide playing. We'll see.

7. ch0pz

ch0pz Strat-Talk Member

i ended up getting a single coil for my strat. a fender noiseless in the bridge. its just in the shop coz the guy there is putting it on for me. ill pick it up tomorow and hopefully it sounds sweet! ill try put some pics up tomoz when i get it

8. Cassidy

Cassidy Strat-Talk Member

My newest Squier... a stagemaster. Very strat-like, with a licensed Floyd Rose and reverse headstock. I'd never seen one before, and I got it for $65.00 at a pawn shop.

[​IMG]

Cassidy :cool:

9. macman

macman New Member!

wow lucky u $65 what a steal

10. geof

geof Strat-Talk Member

great strat Cassidy

Wow Cassidy, What a great buy on that beauty... i like the fact that it's so very different than most. really gives the instument it's own individuality/identity

thanks for sharing that pic

peace,
    geof

11. macman

macman New Member!

yeah, i owned one of those once Cassidy...same color as yours white.....I tried putting new pickups and customizing it and butchered it..so I always go to a pro now

It was a nice guitar , wish i had not messed with it, i ended up selling it for parts...

Oh well live and learn...I just play these days and do not attempt soldering work :oops:

12. geof

geof Strat-Talk Member

cool headstock, i've always been a fan of the reverse headstock. never had one. are there any tuning issue with the reverse headstock?

congrats. great looking baby you have there.

peace,
    geof

13. rjhalsey

rjhalsey Strat-Talker Vendor Member

Hi, I am new to this forum glad to meet everyone. This is my Squire Pro Tone collection. :D

Ralph

[​IMG]

Country of Origin: Korea
    Model: Protone
    Year: 1996-1998
    Neck: Stock
    Body: Ash
    Finish: Various
    Pickups: AlNiCo
    Tuners: Stock
    Bridge: Stock

In my opinion the Squire Protone series is one of the best Strats made. I am also a big fan of the Silver Series MIJ in 1996, JV, SQ, E and L series MIJ Squires.

Vinnie1971 likes this.
  14. archiennc

archiennc New Member!

:D What's the buzz Strat-Talk? I'm new here-slid in from TDPRI and I was looking for a place to post an introductory post so I guess this one is as good as any. I'm 30+ year guitarist and bought my first Fender, a Tele in 2000 and my first American Strat in 2001. I've been hooked every since. Fenders are easy players and allow me to concentrate on the music; not guitar issues. I own a lot of guitars but that's another post. This is not only my favorite Squier but my favorite Strat as well.............
    [​IMG] Let me tell you about her.

She started life as a VN6xxx (96) that I found in a pawnshop. They were trying to sell this little guy for $225.00. Well the ole' gal in the store was kinda' cute and kinda' not married and we had dinner ;) To make the story short, the price dropped to $100 dollars with a gig bag. :D

It had this ridiculously small neck that just gave me the creeps but it played well. The stock pickups to my ears sounded much better than I anticipated-as good as my Americans did. Tuners sucked but the body was solid alder so PROJECT WUNDERKIND began.

The neck was replaced with a 1998 beautifully grained neck from a MIM Squier. (That neck is actually a standard issue MIM Fender Strat neck with a Squier label on it.) You can "feel" the difference instantly. It's got a brass shim between the neck pocket and the neck which really added to the resonance of the body. The other changes followed which include:

*Gotoh 18:1 Sealed Tuners (Chrome)
    *All Parts White Pearloid Pick Guard
    *Neck P'Up SD Vintage Stack
    *Middle P'Up SD APSII Single (Reverse wound)
    *Bridge P'Up SD SH_11 Custom/Custom Trembucker
    *CTS Pots
    *Switchcraft 5/way
    *Trem Plate/Block from a Deluxe-wider string spacing which was needed with the MIM neck (running it with 5 spring/blocked flat against the body) It doesn't get any better than this.

I have a song on my SoundClick site called "Avion" where the Squier covers the lead part. Sounds as good as a Mark Knoffler Sig. (and the player ain't too shabby either) The link is posted so you can have a listen. Just click on the link to the song, "Avion"

Glad to be with you guys and hope to contribute more to the conversations in the month's to come 8) Here's the link:
    www.soundclick.com/musicallymrm Once there, click on the "music" link when the page opens, click the song Avion. Hope you like :D

15. photoweborama

photoweborama Strat-Talker

Here is mine. I love it!

[​IMG][/img]

16. strappyjesse

strappyjesse New Member!

how to post photos

Hi, I like to know how to upload photos of my squier strat !!

jesse

17. Axis29

Axis29 Strat-O-Master

[​IMG]

My '04 Affinity Strat

The answer to posting a picture is that it needs to be available on the Internet somewhere (http://www.photobucket.com has free image hosting). When you hit Post Reply, there will be a gray button that says "Img". Hit that button, type int he URL to your iamge, then click close tags.

18. epistrat

epistrat Strat-Talker

This is my '99 Crafted in Indonesia Squier. It originally had a maple neck, and I replaced it with a rosewood neck I got from a 2001 Squier double fat strat. I kind of "broke" the double fat strat by hammering in one of the 2-point trem posts when they started coming out. The wood between the trem post hole and the trem cavity cracked pretty bad, so I decided to grab the neck from it and put it on my '99.

It has red, silver and blue lace sensors, from bridge to neck, and 500k pots. Although the LS's still sound like single coils, they also sound kind of humbuckerish. It's a very rocking axe.

The stock trem on was a piece of crap so I switched it out for one I got from guitarpartscentral.com. The new one is a lot better.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  19. FoxRodder

FoxRodder Strat-Talk Member

I just traded my MIM strat with my friend for his original Japan Squier Jagmaster Vista Series...Heres a pic next to my Korean Bullet

[​IMG]

20. GR24

GR24 New Member!

Here's my baby that began life as a 2006 Affinity Strat. This is the first electric guitar I've owned since I had to sell my Rickenbacker 320 16 years ago. This is by far the best-playing guitar I've owned, and I absolutely love it! The only mods I've done to it are replacing the stock pickups with a set from a MIM Stratocaster. I was going to replace the pots and switch, but I like it just the way it is. I'll just replace parts as they wear out or break. I've also added a 3-ply Fender parchment pickguard and aged white Fender pickup covers, knobs, and switch and trem tips. It sounds fantastic, and the neck plays like a dream. Not bad for just over $200.00 including all the new parts!

[​IMG]

Country of Origin: Indonesia
    Year: 2006
    Neck: Stock one-piece maple with skunk stripe
    Body: Stock 3-piece alder body
    Finish: Two-color sunburst with parchment pickguard and aged white plastic
    Pickups: Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ($10.00 installed)
    Tuners: Stock
    Bridge: Stock, would like to upgrade to vintage-style stamped saddles