Show us your Basses

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
Here's an updated "most of my basses" pic:

View attachment 592327
You are a woman after my own heart.Rickenbacker‘s are the coolest basses on the planet. And I dig your home made instruments as well. I stick to 4 strings. The only bass line I can play convincingly is McCartney’s Silly Love Songs. Bass players have to think differently, and I am just a guitar player who dabbles in bass. Are those tulip basses your creations?

oatsoda

Puck of Paradox
Jul 10, 2011
The Shack, Nova Scotia
In the last month, maybe two months now, I scored a used Martin acoustic electric for a good price, so sold my Ibanez AEB10. Then the pickup crapped out and they couldn’t fix it without either charging me a whole lot more, or installing a no name thing that would not use the existing control panel, so it decided to get my cash back, but now am without an acoustic bass, which I actually played a fair bit. So now I’m down to my ‘78 P and that mim mustang shorty which I really have not played as much as i thought I would. The P was originally a burst. Also had a rough raggedy router job for the Jpup install a long time ago. It has had I think three different P pups, the current being an older EMG if I remember right, and of course has the most bad-a$$, comfortable, and usable thumb rest anybody ever made out of an Ike silver dollar. Everyone who plays it complements me on my handiwork. Think it weighs about 639 pounds, but with the right strap, it only feels like 400. Have thought about stripping it for nicer refin, and could do some weight relieving at the same time. Not like at this point I‘m concerned about originality or resale value. This thing and I are bound to be lifers. B1E3CA9C-8C58-4A61-97D8-259E7DE98AB1.jpeg F48EBEDB-1420-4CE5-BA3C-DFFF24649968.jpeg

Last edited:

mapleglo

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Oct 25, 2015
phoenix
You are a woman after my own heart.Rickenbacker‘s are the coolest basses on the planet. And I dig your home made instruments as well. I stick to 4 strings. The only bass line I can play convincingly is McCartney’s Silly Love Songs. Bass players have to think differently, and I am just a guitar player who dabbles in bass. Are those tulip basses your creations?
Thanks! They are actually based off of the old Ampeg Devil basses.

devilbass.jpg

TepidPilot

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 26, 2019
South Central Texas
Love that Peavey. I had one for the summer when I was in 10th grade.

I got that T40 when I hooked up with a country band and had to do so much singing that using the Ampeg fretless became a nuisance. The Peavey sounds great, but man is it heavy. Used it on stage for about fifteen years, thanks to that I now need a back transplant. 😬

TP

Namelyguitar

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Mobile Bay, Alabama
Still working on a group shot.

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited: