Simon and Patrick acoustic guitars...

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by gcconspiracy, Mar 25, 2010.

1. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Strat-O-Master

hey guys, I am looking at buying this guitar S&P Showcase Series and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on either this guitar or any of the Simon and Patrick guitars in general. I was blown away by the features & apparent quality for the price, and am just wondering if it is too good to be true!

-gcc

2. LeftyBlake

LeftyBlake Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I've played tons of Simon and Patrick guitars, as well as their Art & Lutherie line. For the money, they are very well constructed guitars. They're made from all Canadian grown woods and they're all made in Canada IIRC. There's a store in Seattle that always had lefties in stock and I would go down there all the time when I was in high school and play them. I was always very impressed, especially with their dreadnaught model. It had that nice, boomy sound that dreads are famous for, but it wasn't over powering. Very balanced tone, IMO.

You really can't go wrong with any of their guitars, especially for the price.

3. FatToeKnee

FatToeKnee Strat-Talker

i like these too. i haven't owned one, but there's a shop that has them where i always go to play them. i don't have an acoustic guitar anymore, but i was thinking of making one of these my next guitar purchase. i don't think you'd be disappoint with picking one up.

4. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Strat-O-Master

very cool, well it sounds like I'll be very pleased with my purchase (if I end up getting the S&P)... Thanks so much for the feedback!